ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burning Smell

200 Gordini
What the hell could this be?

I had a slight smell when i brought the car, i asked about it on here with no reply but after a week or so it stopped.

Now its terrible, its come through the vents went stationary too! I dont want to drive the car tbh.

Its definitely from the engine bay and not my brakes.

Any past experiences??

clio rs
iv got the same smell - but only when i turn the heaters on - smells like sumthing is burning? but when the smells gets strong i turn the heaters off and its gone.

200 Gordini
i cant really remember, i'll see tomorrow/today i think its after its warmed up a bit though.

Coolant is full but it does need changing because the cars 4 years old.

Maybe a hole in the cabin/pollen filter?

Letting engine smells in?

Have a check, It might be time for a new one, Only a couple of quid off the bay.

Also could try one of those 'air con bomb' cleaners for a fiver. Worth a try, Although id think thats more for a bacteria smell. Sounds like somethings mechanical.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Is it modified? If its running an after market induction set-up along with a seperate oil breather it will smell like hot oil/burning

James

J

jakm15

i had a buring smell when i turned the heaters on and from the engine bay and when you opened the windows, i went down a dirt track and some s**t must have got somewere it shouldnt, it went eventually must have burnt off, it was makin you high when it was doing it lol

200 Gordini
Pollen filter was only replaced 2 weeks ago.

Where is the alternator?.. it does smell mechanical if that makes sense

Evo 6, E92 320d
I had this in the last clio, the oil breather pipe had come away from the head and i could smell the fumes.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
its the oil burning down on to the exhaust manifold then then fan sucking the smell back in, Maz172cup, if you turn you engine on and leave it on for ages, you will see the smoke comming up from the behind the engine. These engines leak a bit of oil in a few places