ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed First Track Test Video

172 Race Car
So as you know we had yet to drive the car on circuit and with our first race meeting at Brands Hatch fast approaching, we were contacted by fledgling company 'Steathsport' to accompany them to the Performance Car Action Day at Castle Combe.

A few prep jobs to do before we started and then it was Tony's job to take the car out for his first laps. Very, very steadily he made his way around in the 15 minuite session, learning about the car. A few small adjustments and it was my go.

As the session ended I noticed the battery light was on, I had no idea how long it had been on or what the problem was. Fearing it was the auxilary belt I switched off the engine and coasted for half a lap. I didnt want to cook the engine. Running out of momentum I started it again and drove to into the pit lane. All the cars were stopped so again switched it off. Then when the queue went I tried to restart and the enevitable had happened. A flat battery. Pushed into the paddock by the marshalls I checked the fan belt was still on and we then bump started it and drove back to our stand. A quick check with a multimeter confirmed the alternator regualtor had failed again!

We fitted the spare and both had another run. This one didn't last long either, we have a problem somewhere. Were not sure yet if its just dodgy components the alternators have been built with or a fault with the car. On my 2nd run I was much happier, much more confdent and really enjoyed the car. But with no more spare alternators that was the end of the day for us. We achieved what we set out to and that was to both drive the car on a circuit to get a feel for it and make sure we had no problems or things to adjust. Better to have the alternators failing now, rather than in a race.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGWmKLUinfc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGWmKLUinfc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

172 Race Car
What did you both think of Combe?
Last time I drove there it was before the chicanes were installed (Yes in THAT old :dapprove:) Its a better circuit with them in.
Its a circuit for the brave and it would take quite a while to be 'quick' there imo.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Good stuff, car looks the biz!

My mate was there in a red Octavia VRS and got banned for running a red flag during a fuel spill apparently, dunno if you saw/heard anything.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Great stuff. Car is a proper weapon and a credit to you both. The sound was immense!:cool:

182cup & 172 racecar
What did you both think of Combe?

I didn't think it was too bad,liked to have had a bit more time in the car to find where the limit is as it's not been reached yet,but a busy Castle Coombe is not the place to do it.

Enjoyed it though.

Thanks to Matt at Stealthsport for the day.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
whos megane was u following?

It was one of our cars. It is a standard car all bar an exhaust and some new coilovers we were testing (they were found to be a little soft for Coombe). Mike, one of our mechanics, was driving it as his own track car was not ready in time so we let him loose in it.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Forgot to add the Clio sounded very good and was able to take some tightler lines, showing it is pretty well set up.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
It was one of our cars. It is a standard car all bar an exhaust and some new coilovers we were testing (they were found to be a little soft for Coombe). Mike, one of our mechanics, was driving it as his own track car was not ready in time so we let him loose in it.

David.

note to that....mikey can drive, what should he of been running david?
he is a good friend of 2 of my friends who regularly track with him.

jay / tony - looks really good, shame on the issues but that was what the day was for, gutted i could not be there but should be making the 9th at brands...

look forward to it

172 Race Car

David.
One of your wheel caps is on the far side of the circuit

172 Race Car
Did another video

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sz8n3c7qiTI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sz8n3c7qiTI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Great videos!! Great track as well, i lived in Cheltenham for 4 years at uni so have been round there more times than i can remember :D

But FFS, Stealthsport, fledging company? Pull the other one, what the hell do they actually sell? Hopes, dreams & free track days no doubt ...

:rolleyes:

Vw caddy tdi
Liking that all seems well in camp burpspeed! Bit of s4 chasing followed by bit of a drift lol. Mike not got his 4x4 mitsubishi colt together yet?