ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Button on end of Wiper switch in valver

Valver

Ive tried doing a search on this as I know it has been mentioned before but cant find anything. Does anyone know what the little button does on the end of the wiper stalk in a phse2 valver?

Cheers

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Think on the R19s it changes the display from temp to fuel consumption, not sure if it does anything on clios though?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Looks like some kind of old skool Clifford valet code then?

My imobiliser is a key style fuel cut off in the glove box that I dont have a key for.

Dont need it as have a Clifford 500 and a seperate imobiliser anyway!

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 26 February 2004

soemone once told me it was summat to do with an immobiliser when I asked once upon a time - also got given this piccy...

Cheers for that, interesting stuff.

As parts are used between renaults of that era, the 19 16v for one with the standard trip computer used this as stated for changing the display so Matts correct.

Tony(owner of a 19 16v many moons ago when they were new)

I currently have a L reg R19 16v and that button is used to flip between the trip computer. It is also used to enter the immobiliser code when the ecu has been reset. Its a bit bad when entering the code as you have to depress the accelerator to go onto the nexted number.