ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buy me out of my contract...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Alright chaps.

Got a contract with Orange, £30 per month, with approx 5 months left.

Will any retailers buy me out of the remaining part of the contract? Im' sick of the site of my phone turning itself of, resetting itself and being generally a pile of w'ank.

Would get another phone at the same time on a new contract, but does anywhere still do this? Preferably that has decent phones stocked...

Surely if it's faulty, and within contract they have to replace?

My mate had a N95, and they collected and replaced it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well it's gone beyond 12 months mate, so I don't think they do anymore.. stupid 18 month contract.

Supposedly, Sony Ericsson put a 24 month warranty on the phone, but the minute a network provider messes with the firmware, this warranty is void and replaced by whatever the network provider gives. :(

yea try fones4u they bought me out. umm you dont have a w880i do you? i had the same problems and its a known problem apparenlty so get on the phone to orange :) i had mine replaced free of charge

BMW E46 330i Touring
Nah it's a W910i mate, but probably the same software.

I popped to the Orange store and they said as it was older than 12 months they couldn't do anything... I might try speaking to someone different.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
If you're going to P4U in Exeter look out, check the paperwork thoroughly, seems they have a couple of boys who try to add stuff on even if you say you don't want it.

Been there and done that!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers for the tip, I'll keep an eye out!

Thinking about it, I think Carphone Warehouse effectively 'bought' me out of my last contract by giving me £100 cash back on any mobile I traded in. I gave them a duff old K750 that wasn't charging and sold my phone at the time to make up the difference!

I might just see if they'll do that again, with an old Samsung I've got lying around...

BMW E46 330i Touring
With this in mind, and with my refusal to get an iphone for reasons even I don't know...

HTC Touch HD
Nokia N96
Blackberry Storm 9500
SE Xperia

?

I know I'll get the usual "none are as good as the iphone" comments. Well, fine, let me learn my lesson the hard way!

Lou

Surely if your on a 18month contract the phone should be covered for the 18months?? I'm sure I was told I was covered for full duration!

ST
Surely if your on a 18month contract the phone should be covered for the 18months?? I'm sure I was told I was covered for full duration!

I'd like to think so too but it seems there are many T&C's they don't disclose at time of purchase or the T&C's are 'subject to change at any time'.

Offcom are worth a look to see where you stand when it comes to warranty on phones on contracts, IMO it's up to the provider to supply you with a fully functional handset regardless of cost as you're paying for their service at £30+ a month which covers the price of a new handset no end especially on an 18 month contract.

AK

M240i

Something like this happened to my college tutor.

Her phone was on an 18 month contract and it broke after 12 and wasn't covered. She wrote to the head office and started quoting the Sales of Goods Act 1893 etc etc and they sent her a free phone :).

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well, I succumbed to the iphone shining beacon...

Popped into Crap-phonewarehouse and bumped into an old mate that I worked with about 5 years ago. He's a manager in the branch so he 'sorted me out'... :)

I've got a nice installment towards paying the remainder of my Orange contract on it's way in the form of a cheque or two. Selling the W910i and an old K800i will more than pay for the rest. If you need me, I'll be in the stickied thread at the top!

I feel so dirty.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, push email and WiFi has already got me wondering how I ever coped without it! Unfortunately, it's effectively just an iPod until I get my PAC code from Orange to move this into my old phone number, which will have to be next week due to some condition with decreasing my tariff to make it cheaper to pay off, etc...

Still, I'm gonna go looking for apps!