ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buy Spare Or Refurb?

had a little get together with the kerb,damage is six inch scuff on alloy(cup),witch would be cheaper to buy spare off ebay or get the alloy refurbed?:(

106 GTi
Worth getting a chips away quote first if you local guy is any good. I would probably get a spare anyway though.

Maz

LY 200
IMHO I would not use Richard from Chips away .. he is the Warrington local tec a.. there is a place in Warrington that does refurbs at £50 per corner .. we have just taken the evo wheels there to get done :)

just been on to richard said that it,ll cost £50,said he would come to my works and have it done in one +half hours ,have you had dealings with him before? if so good or bad?

BMW Z4 3.0i
Yes Maz, I'm talking to you! I've been thinking of getting mine done. Thing is that I'm getting the impression that refurbing a set of 4 costs ~£200. But I could sell my alloys, I'd prolly get £200-250 for them and then it'd cost me £250 towards the £250 for a brand new set of four.

That way there's no worry of a shoddy job or the finish deteriorating in a few months. See what I mean, what do you think? Is refurb worthwhile on the 172 alloys as they're cheaper compared to other manufacturers and larger sizes. eg AMG, Alpina etc

Maz

LY 200
artic blue said:
just been on to richard said that it,ll cost £50,said he would come to my works and have it done in one +half hours ,have you had dealings with him before? if so good or bad?

Maz said:
IMHO I would not use Richard from Chips away .. he is the Warrington local tec a.. there is a place in Warrington that does refurbs at £50 per corner .. we have just taken the evo wheels there to get done :)

^^ like I said above, but if your happy .. word of warning just don't use him on bodywork .. it cost me £90 to get his sh1t work corrected :mad:

GazCB said:
Yes Maz, I'm talking to you! I've been thinking of getting mine done. Thing is that I'm getting the impression that refurbing a set of 4 costs ~£200. But I could sell my alloys, I'd prolly get £200-250 for them and then it'd cost me £250 towards the £250 for a brand new set of four.

That way there's no worry of a shoddy job or the finish deteriorating in a few months. See what I mean, what do you think? Is refurb worthwhile on the 172 alloys as they're cheaper compared to other manufacturers and larger sizes. eg AMG, Alpina etc

^^ all depends what you want .. if you want new wheels, sell them and put the money to .. if not I would pay £50 no problem per corner for a refurb :)