ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a Clio Sport

MR2 Turbo
Hi guys,

I'm considering a clio sport for my next car and wanted a general opinion on wha tthey are like to own?

Are they really that badly built built compared to say an ITR, and does the driving experience make up for it?

What are the pro's and con's?

Sorry for being a newbie but you gotta start somewhere!:rasp:

Cheers

Olly

172mk2 - flame
Not Badly built at all! decent cars! look after them and enjoy everyday you own it

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Hi Olly

I bought mine and have had it nearly 2 years, considering I normally change cars every 6 months it shows how much I love it lol.
I have spent quite a built on it though, new gearbox casing, exhaust, cam belt etc etc.

Sy

Hi guys,

I'm considering a clio sport for my next car and wanted a general opinion on wha tthey are like to own?

Are they really that badly built built compared to say an ITR, and does the driving experience make up for it?

What are the pro's and con's?

Sorry for being a newbie but you gotta start somewhere!:rasp:

Bit one sided asking on here there a great car IMO the ITR migth be better but its more expensive and has its weeknessess.

Best drive it yourself thoug make your own idea.

182BG
honestly, clios aren't that bad at all, yes some people have problems but others don't, ive had 3 clios and nothing went wrong at all, and i hammered the crap out of them.
The main thing i like is the mpg you can get, its very good for the type of car imo

Compared to an ITR, well obviously its gonna come second to the honda (it is jap after all) but as edde said, not every car is perfect, they all have their problems

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol seriously i remember my 1.2 corsa SXI being more fun.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Didn't feel like it was about to break whenever i drove it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
While phyisically moving along, gearbox broke, wheel arch liner fell out, random air bag lights come on, all fixed now though i hope.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you can't compare a civic to a clio, different class of cars imo.
The civic is in the same class as a megane. CTR? or R26??

The Clio is in the same class as the Jazz...... i'll shut up now.

R35 GTR
HAHAHAHA!!! Mine is spot on, only problem is crappy exhaust and engine mounts.

Treat the gearbox and clutch right and it will last.

R26r R26
Had mine for 3 years and only things to go wrong are backbox falling off and electric window packing up.

clio 172 cup
had my cup for 2 month exhaust broke on 1st week only 2 cars have beat me from the lights porshe gt3 and a scooby love my car to bits put i wish now that i never put myself in debt for it, as i could have bought a pulsar or starlet turbo for half price and tune them TORQUE AND 4WD NEXT

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I had a leacking gear box and faulty injector, all fixed under warrenty now! :p

That would of cost me £££'s with out warrenty..

Buy one that you knows been looked after with full service history. There are loads of mint ones out there.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
for the performance and kit you get (on the full fats;) ) they are cheap, both 2 buy and run! but they are made to that cheap budget! so not the best made car, if it was you would pay for it!

but i had a saxo b4 and think the clio (mine and my gf's 1.2) is made much better

great little fun car imo:D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
While phyisically moving along, gearbox broke, wheel arch liner fell out, random air bag lights come on, all fixed now though i hope.

Arch liner imo must have been out before, they have torx bits and x2 plastic bungs in each side, these will not have been refitted, not a chance the liner will fall out with these fitted..... hardly the cars fault lol Airbag lights 9 times out of ten will be the connectors under the seats, easy fix

It aint all bad. :)

clio 182 ff
ctr r w**k clio sports come with more toys cheaper to buy an they is no differents if proformance plus grandads drive ctr lol:)

Elise S1 B&C 140
Mine makes me smile evry time i drive it, What more do you need. Really pleased with it except for the backbox falling off in the first week of ownership.:dapprove:

Besides that :D