ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a used Macbook

What should i be looking for?
Found one looks like a decent deal.

Is there any checks i should do?
Is there any way i can see how old it is or see if it has any warranty?

You can get the serial number to check warranty.

There's lots of things to check - is it a White one? They can get quite discoloured.
Normal things to check - damage, scratches, dead pixels, etc.

Cheers,

Where can i check the warranty with the serial number?

Its only supposedly 4months old so the colour should still be ok.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I work with Apple's and the Macbook's have problems with Motherboards, its a common fault. A lot of the time you will be ok but it can happen.

If the board does go you are looking at about £600+ for a new one, might as well buy a new laptop if it goes.

I work with Apple's and the Macbook's have problems with Motherboards, its a common fault. A lot of the time you will be ok but it can happen.

If the board does go you are looking at about £600+ for a new one, might as well buy a new laptop if it goes.

The logic board normally goes on them.. and that's £600 odd I've heard if you mean that?

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Brad182 said:
Stuffit expander mate, Does the lot!

Stuffit is utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter crap.

Tonys said:
Cheers mate, i found unrarx last night, so ive got that.

Good stuff, it's what I would have told you to get if I'd got here earlier! lol