ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPad in US

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No difference to the iPad itself.

However the charger will come with the adaptor on the left

bcdd18c6-e16c-7f7e.jpg

All you need do is either get hold of the adaptor on the right (expensive), or just use a standard figure of 8 cable (sky boxes use them, maplin sell them) and plug it into the charger. Most people have them lying around.

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
Cheers guys, looks to be around a £100 cheaper for the 32GB version (no 4G) so I will take a look.

I've bought my last 2 from the states. My parents were over there last week, so they picked a new 32gb wifi in black for me. Once it's all done and dusted you'll save pretty much £60 compared to UK prices. That's including tax.

Audi S1
Just placed an order with someone who is visiting the UK, bringing me back another iPad 3. She won't have to pay the tax though right? She's a resident of USA.

Bus w**ker
Huh? How? Sales tax on pretty much everything in NYC. How much as it cost you in the end?

Audi S1
I went for a 16gb wifi. £310. I don't no how the tax works? But she didn't pay it, She brought 2 back as well.

dk

911 GTS Cab
You sure it's an new iPad and not iPad 2, as with an exchange rate of 1.5 at the moment, £310 is $450, the retail price before tax is $499, and nowhere discounts them.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
No difference to the iPad itself.

However the charger will come with the adaptor on the left

bcdd18c6-e16c-7f7e.jpg

All you need do is either get hold of the adaptor on the right (expensive), or just use a standard figure of 8 cable (sky boxes use them, maplin sell them) and plug it into the charger. Most people have them lying around.

So if I bought the adaptor on the right there would then be no difference?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-MAINS-...neChargers&hash=item3cc260f02b#ht_2603wt_1144

You sure it's an new iPad and not iPad 2, as with an exchange rate of 1.5 at the moment, £310 is $450, the retail price before tax is $499, and nowhere discounts them.
Apple store in US will offer discount depending on who you work for. I never got one in the end as the were no new ones available.

Audi S1

Explain then you f**king douche

Defiantly the the new iPad.

What more do you want me to explain? I paid for it back in March when I initially posted in here and asked about tax. She bought 2 new iPads. One for me and one for her boyfriend. She didn't pay any additional tax. I transferred her £316.54 which at the time was $499...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Defiantly the the new iPad.

What more do you want me to explain? I paid for it back in March when I initially posted in here and asked about tax. She bought 2 new iPads. One for me and one for her boyfriend. She didn't pay any additional tax. I transferred her £316.54 which at the time was $499...

I was attacking Si, not you mate.

Pretty much every state has sales tax. She might not have realised it as prices don't include it when you look at display, it's added when you pay. Check the receipt.

if you mail order it from certain states this is tax free , some states have no sales tax at all (oregon)

the sales tax laws,and the difference state to state, and some having none, is the whole reason mail order started as when ordering between states it was always tax free .

this still applies but only in certain states , and is a reason a huge amount of the camera shops (bhp being one of the largest ) operate from NY .

i have just bought a Go pro HD2 fro the US price of £200 for the motorsport kit via a uk concession that ships them straight in ....

there are lots of ways to avoid the sales tax and buy straight from the usa without travelling there , there are even companies that sort out the fact alot of US online companies only accept US credit/debit cards .

Bus w**ker
Macy's and Bloomies give out of state visitors a discount card for any purchases they make in store, but depending on what you're buying it doesn't always completely wipe out the sales tax; which I'm pretty sure is compulsory on all sales in New York State.