ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying new alloys help required

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
I've uploaded a post for a spare alloys for my upcoming track day.
However, I may consider purchasing new alloys but haven't had any previous experience of buying new and get confused with what exact information I need to know.
The car is 182 Cup on 16" rims.
Any advice would be welcome please.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Popular track day wheels are Speedline 2118’s. They do these for the Clio and they are 15” so Tyres are a little bit cheaper too.

Pro race 1.2's in 15x7 et35 4x100. Around £400 on Demon Tweeks, light, strong, and will do the job no issues.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Need to know:

4 x 100 bolt pattern
et 35-45 should be ideal
centre bore 60.1
15" often preferred; cheaper tyres, i felt mine handled better on 15" pro race 1.2s than 16" 182 cup wheels.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've got;

15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (Trackday dry, mild - Still undecided on tyres as I pick the wheels up on Friday)
15" Rota Slipstream (Trackday wet - PS3's)
15" Renault Turbines (Everyday wheels - NS2R Medium)
15" Non sport dynamique alloys (Trackday dry, warm weather - NS2R Soft)
16" Steel Wheels (Winter Nankang cross climate tyres)

Have a selection, I like to spice s**t up by buying that many sets of wheels it causes panic in my heart a bit ? Slipstreams and TD 1.2's are pretty light wheels

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Need to know:

4 x 100 bolt pattern
et 35-45 should be ideal
centre bore 60.1
15" often preferred; cheaper tyres, i felt mine handled better on 15" pro race 1.2s than 16" 182 cup wheels.
I've got;

15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (Trackday dry, mild - Still undecided on tyres as I pick the wheels up on Friday)
15" Rota Slipstream (Trackday wet - PS3's)
15" Renault Turbines (Everyday wheels - NS2R Medium)
15" Non sport dynamique alloys (Trackday dry, warm weather - NS2R Soft)
16" Steel Wheels (Winter Nankang cross climate tyres)

Have a selection, I like to spice s**t up by buying that many sets of wheels it causes panic in my heart a bit ? Slipstreams and TD 1.2's are pretty light wheels
Wow that's is some impressive line up ?

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Need to know:

4 x 100 bolt pattern
et 35-45 should be ideal
centre bore 60.1
Interesting comments, food for thought ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
These guys were at one time doing a set of pro race for like 330 delivered. They are or were the UK suppliers so other companies would buy through them. They also supply them for the ktec racing championship, or did.

Pretty sure they guy to speak to was Justin. So give them a ring. I would pick these alloys as imo they offer the best vfm.
Screenshot_20190408-192129.jpg

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
These guys were at one time doing a set of pro race for like 330 delivered. They are or were the UK suppliers so other companies would buy through them. They also supply them for the ktec racing championship, or did.

Pretty sure they guy to speak to was Justin. So give them a ring. I would pick these alloys as imo they offer the best vfm.View attachment 1413463
I’ll definitely ring them tomorrow. At the moment I’m favouring the Pro race 1.2 with Nankang semi-slicks.