ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing noise

I have a buzzing noise coming from inside the light console, i have had a look inside and there is a cylinder like thing which is buzzing, whats it for? is it something to do with the climit control

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
It's the temperature sensor for the climate I think. I had a play about with mine and now it no longer makes any noise.

clio sport 172
Any ideas as to how to stop this sensor from buzzing then??????do you have to take it apart or smash it with a hammer????

It unclips apart, get a flat head screw driver to the tabs, prise them gently.

Was a load of dust and s**t in mine, cleaned it all up and a bit of lube on the spindle and its good now.

You can buy a new one for about £15 i think...

Megane RS 250
I tried cleaning it and using a bit of WD40..no luck. I'll try again, it's 30€ new from renault! The stupid thing is that the fan can be fitted to the 90° conduct only in one way...if you could fit it rotated the problem would be solved.