ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BUZZING NOISE

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Does anyone suffer from a buzzing noise as soon as they turn the key.

It sounds like a managment hum and happens when the key is turned to the start position...

Ive been at the dealers three times and finally got it fixed,and guess what it was..

I thought it was coming from the glove box area and thought it was managment based but turned out to be a bearing that works the a/c in the roof lining.Its fixed now but jesus can you imagine the cost of all that farting around to replace something like that...

I think the french sat down one night with a case of red wine and said "lets call this car a clio"and set bout designing it..

talk about weird..

Regards,ian

Ian,

Mine makes that noise as well, although Ive not bothered to have it looked at. There is a little fan in the plastic bit that holds the interior lights. It sucks air through the small vents across a temperature sensor for the climate control.

Chris.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Youre right about the wine. Its a bit like the people who invented the C language. They only did it for a joke, and they knew theyd got it right when they got a clean compile out of /?&&&& %%%$lib.ext :confused:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by chris_leic172 on 15 October 2003

Ian,

Mine makes that noise as well, although Ive not bothered to have it looked at. There is a little fan in the plastic bit that holds the interior lights. It sucks air through the small vents across a temperature sensor for the climate control.

Chris.
Thats the one mate.

Regards,ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 15 October 2003

Youre right about the wine. Its a bit like the people who invented the C language. They only did it for a joke, and they knew theyd got it right when they got a clean compile out of /?&&&& %%%$lib.ext :confused:
LOL@mike

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Just start it and it goes away................if you have a K-tec zorst ;)

Its for the climate control...the little fan sucks the air through a temp sensor which then regulates the cabin temp.

Mine has started to make this noise as well, dont want to take it to Renault to fix as car is out of warranty...is this something I can do myself? Anyone had a go?

Morbius

had the little fan replaced twice under warrantee, still makes a noise now but couldnt really complain any more as the engineer showed me a brand new Clio that had the same......"feature".

172 FF

Mine makes that noise as well, seemed to be coming from some plastic thingy in the engine bay. Thought is was something to do with the fuel pump or summat. But it seems to go away once the engine is started.

Trouble is that Im planning on selling the car over the next few weeks and Im sure that the buzzing noise could put off any potential buyers!!!