ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye 182 Hello Derv? :/

Last weekend I took a trek up to Chesterfield where I did a deal with the Clio and some cash to come home with this.

3425aadf.jpg

6e7c06b8.jpg

3014129-4.jpg

3014129-1.jpg

3014129-2.jpg

Specification
2008 Vauxhall Astra Design 1.9CDTi (150bhp model)
39000 miles
Traction Control
Auto lights
Auto wiipers
Electric windows + mirrors
CD player with aux connection + steering wheel controls
Half leather interior
I expect there is more that I have forgotten.

Mods
DTUK greenbox (improves fuel economy and power up to 200bhp apparently)
6000k HID kit
Eibach sportline springs (50/30mm)
pioneer sub and amp connected to the standard headunit
colour coded the front and rear chrome trims
brand new Uniroyal rainsport 2 tyres - filled with nitrogen

Plans
The front chrome trim was painted badly so will be taken to a body shop. *booked in for next week*
A couple of alloys have marks on so they will be refiurbed*booked in for next week*
The sub has a loose wire so I need to sort that *done*
C2 short Aeriel *done*
Once I get the V5 back from the DVLA the plate will be going back to the owner as I am not called Ben. (JCS plate later this year)
Cruise Control stalk to be added.
Wind Deflectors

This is my first dirty diesel and after expecting a sluggish tractor I'm pleased to annouce my expectations were total wrong.
Brilliant fuel consumption when needed and a sport button liven things up a bit. Pulls really well.

AK

M240i
Love them! Quite nippy too, get it remapped.

I was looking at buying one before I moved to London.

WANTED: RB 182
If i was going down the diesel route, thats what i would go for.

Quite a few nicely tuned CDTI astras on VXRonline.

Mk5 golf gti
Hate to say it but they are awful cars, but maybe it was just the one we had (short term)

Gash interior, poor view to rear window, sounds terrible and mpg wasn't very impressive at all

I sound like I'm being a prick so I'll shut up Lol

Not atall, everyone has their own opinion.

The lower spec and even SRi models have a pretty gash interior. This is a design so has half leather and a piano black centre console with piano black steering wheel inserts which I am loving.

I totally agree with the rear window. Its like looking out of a letter box lol. Thank god for the big mirrors.

MPG wise its doing really well so far and sound wise it sounds like a diesel on tick over (suprisngly haha) but is almost silent once on the go.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not my cuppa', but looks alright !

Why do people still think modern (i.e.: since someone first glued a turbo to the back end of a compression ignition engine) diesels are slow, noisy, dirty, awful buses !?

One guy here (Ford's engineering centre) who sold his Cayman for a 1-series diesel, told me it was the ~170bhp non-turbo model, the turbo one cost more money ... :dead: It's not the 1980s any more...

If I did more than the 6 miles a day I do, I'd have a quick diesel as my every day car. If you ignore the 0-60 times, the torque just makes driving day to day so much nicer than a gutless n/a petrol engined car.

Mk5 golf gti
6 cylinder diesel or nothing :approve:

the astra is still fresh looking i guess

Nissan 350z
Whats with the stuck on bodykit look. Sideskirts, front and rears splitters etc they dont seriously come as standard like that do they? It makes the Megane RS look tasteful in comparison ;)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I nearly Bought one of these before I bought my first cup, ha looked at the boxes look impressive stats from them and was my plan to go that route

CBR1000RR Fireblade
nice cars these, my auto electrician (who happens to be a mate from school) this shape astra but the astra van 150hp derv (assumed it was the same engine?)

he had that mapped and it was silly fast, fast in general never mind fast for a derv

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice... My Sis has a 5dr 1+ CDTi with Xp Kit and I really liked it and the 3drs look even nicer.

Range Rover sport
was looking at that very one on ph a few weeks ago , if i hadnt of fallen back in love with the civic i would of bought it , whats it like ? looks great !

You kept that on the low mate! Looks tidy

The Clio wasn't for sale and I wasn't considering a change at the last meet, one day I fancied a change, 7 days later I came home with this lol

was looking at that very one on ph a few weeks ago , if i hadnt of fallen back in love with the civic i would of bought it , whats it like ? looks great !

honestly its awesome and its diesel which is odd. Worth a test drive if you find one about

the only thing pissing me off is the HIDs i feel like such a nob behind people at night, I looked at Vxr projectors and they arnt cheap or even that good looking :/