ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye 182 - Hellooooo V6....!!!!!!!!!

ILLIAD VEE!!
Well, after a year of owning the 182 and enjoying every single minute of driving it :D I decided after attending the BTCC at Oulton Park last week, that I would try and source a V6...!! (obviously being "heavily encouraged" by my hubby and fellow Cliosport member DarrenS, who also has a 182..!!!)

Thinking I might be losing the plot or going head first into a Mid-life crisis at wanting a V6 at 40, I thought "Feck it - could be dead tomorrow - why not..?!!" So without further ado, started ringing Renault dealerships up and down the country to source on. Manchester Renault came up trumps yesterday, after having got a V6 in Iliad Blue NUMBER 202 traded-in for the new Megane Trophy...!!!!! BINGO...!!!! So after a very restless nights sleep :sleepy: in eager anticipation of actually having a drive in one (having only ever seen one on a forecourt before.!) Me and Darren headed down to Manchester today.!! After about an hour of "I can't believe that this is going to my car!!!" running through my head, coupled with an extremely daft grin on my face for the duration, it was my turn to take it out for a test drive. I say 'my turn' as I did the decent thing and played a good "wifey" and let Darren take it out first..!! He got back and I wondered if he had "tents in his boxers" at the experience...!!!!! :eek: He just looked 'shocked' and said "fecking un-real..!!!" So about 20 minutes later I arrived back with the sales guy and he needed no hard sell on me, I was having this come hell or high water....250,000 wilderbeasts heading for their annual mating fest wouldn't stop me...!!! Anyway, I signed on the dotted line and I pick my baby up on Wednesday all being well.....just in time for my 41st Birthday...!!! I don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks/says.....having a mid-life crisis pays BIG dividends....especially when it comes to my insurance on the V6....£700...!!! Now how big a bonus can one girlie get in one day...???!!!!

Pictures coming soon....!!!!! :D :D :D :D
J.:D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Good on ya . Hope you enjoy it , not the most practical car in the world agreed but hell of a head turner , but like ya say fcuk it , could be dead tomorrow .

Astra VXR 17/05/07
I`m not quite sure from reading your post if you are unsure or not ? Its hard to make out if you like the car ???

Lol, good for you !

I`m 39 this year, can`t wait to hit the big 40 and do something mad !!!

MKIII 138
well done to you for choosing something so unique and most average people at 40 are writing their wills and driving vectra`s.

cant wait to see the pics :D

--phill--

MKIII 138
ive been dreamin of an acid green one recently with dark wheels. i can actually get one but the other half wants me to get something sensible like a meg 225. ahh well we will see how sensible it is when i push 300bhp out of it looool :D

TT
well done to you for choosing something so unique and most average people at 40 are writing their wills and driving vectra`s.

pfft, my mums 41, drives porsche caymanS (thats not the 4x4 for anyone thats confused btw)

MKIII 138
JclioD said:
pfft, my mums 41, drives porsche caymanS (thats not the 4x4 for anyone thats confused btw)

thought you meant cayanne i would have beaten you up if it was loool :D

must say though a V6 is way cooler than any porsche, tena penny are porsches these days from boxter, boxster s old 911`s carrera and caymans. great cars but soooo common show just how well off a large percentage of this country is these days (or how much were all in debt )

v6 mk2
u will love owning it, good move!!

i went the other way though (v6 to 182 trophy) and i miss the noise the most!!

oh and the looks!!!

ILLIAD VEE!!
HELLO BOYS...!!!! (and Sarah!) :D :D :D

Just like to say "THANKS" for all your posts regarding my new Vee, it's been great getting all your comments..!! ..only 2 more days to go till I pick it up (not that I am counting or anything...!!!) :D

Planning a serious drive out on Saturday to either "Blackpool" or to Whitby - before you all think I am a completely mad old-fart and should have a furry checked blanket behind my seat and a flask of coffee thinking about driving to Whitby, it happens to have one of the best "V6" undulating A-roads in the country(A169)...!!!! The Vee will love it..! So it's either go for the great drive on the A169 or go for sunny Blackpool to simply drive up the seafront (Bank holiday weekend, so will be packed.!) for the simple, pose-factor..!!! :cool: Sad cow aren't I...??!!! LOL..!!! Anyway, with a long weekend ahead, I could do both..!

Anyway, thanks all for your comments, piccies being posted soon..! (Oh and M1tch, thanks for the comment about your Mum...!!! You just aged me another 20 years with that..!!!ha ha ha !!

Cheers guys
J.

'18 Megane dci
"I can't believe that this is going to my car!!!"

THE best moment when changing cars, glad you like it! :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^^ - she'll be starting a house-hold chores points scheme with me next...

"Have you washed the pots and done the ironing? Nope? Oh well, no keys to the Vee then..." ;)

D.

CLIO V6
Nice one. You wont regret getting it. Everytime you look out the window you will think what a cool car. I have had mine 2 months now and plan on keeping it as long as possible

black/gold 182
your one lucky lady, i want one to !!! hope you enjoy driving the beast,,,,owww and happy birthday to you,, but im older than you by 2 years :cry:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Congrats on getting a Veeee! You're very very lucky ;) £700 on insurance too? That is fantastic! Looking forward to the pics!

BTW, change your car discription from a 182 to a Veeee...!!

Tyson.

ILLIAD VEE!!
Hello Guys, and thanks for the posts....!!! :D

Blue Nose, glad someone is actually older than me on this forum too, doesn't make me feel quite like a dinosaur just yet..!!! (although I shan't forgive M1tch for his "mother" comment just yet..!! LOL..!!)

Yes, I realise how lucky I am and I have been in touch with Reno today and all is set for a Wednesday pick up - booked Thursday and Friday off work (you know how it is, have to get used to handling the car..!!!! HA HA HA !! LOL..!!:rasp: ) Or was that simply to spend 2 days cruising the streets showing my new Vee off...??!!! Probably the latter me thinks..! Anyway, more good news, Adrian Flux came up trumps on the old insurance and managed to get my policy down to £643 now..!!!!!!!! Fan-blo*dy-tastic..!!! Wednesday, just CANNOT come quick enough for me....!!!!! In fact neither can Donnington on the 30th July...!!! :D :D :D

Cheers for all your posts, much appreciated guys..!! Glad you are all as enthused as I am..!!

Cheers
Jainy. (Giddy Kipper.!)

197-I love!!!
Excellent stuff-Life's too short - Enjoy.Post a picture if you get a moment in between lusting all over it!!!

ILLIAD VEE!!
:D FRONT VIEW

FrontviewoftheVee.gif

REAR VIEW

RearviewoftheVee.gif

At long last - my new baby...!!!!! :D :D

Jainy

vx220
Well jealous! hopefully my next car this time next year! Utter sex wee! Dare we ask what you payed from the main stealers? milage etc?