ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye back box...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Noticed a slight blowing on my 172 this morning, drove 10 miles, over this 10 mile period the blowing became louder and louder and now the back box is hanging lose.

Is this normal for it to happen so quick or must the exhaust have been welded at some point? Normally get abit more notice than that.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh I think that might be a good idea, realnumber 1 noticed your near me, where did u get yours from?

Noticed a slight blowing on my 172 this morning, drove 10 miles, over this 10 mile period the blowing became louder and louder and now the back box is hanging lose.

Mine literally lasted a week from when it first started blowing to falling off completely. Parted company on the motorway on the way to K-tec for a replacement! Was loud to say the least, I don't recommend it.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I took it off on mine before it did any damage. Did without for nearly 2 weeks while they could fit me in for the new one.
I remember if you went much over 4000 rpm it made my ears bleed practically:S .

I took it off on mine before it did any damage. Did without for nearly 2 weeks while they could fit me in for the new one.
I remember if you went much over 4000 rpm it made my ears bleed practically:S .

f**k that for a laugh! I only drove for 25min with it off and my ears rang for the rest of the day!! Was scared to touch the throttle.

Fortunately it did'nt do any damage to my car or those following me. Watched it bounce down the road behind me across two lanes of traffic, all of which missed it.