ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C&M drive 24/7/21

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
With some help from @Tim we have a suggested route for next Saturday.

7.15 Chieveley services then B4494 to Wantage.

A338 to Wantage then up to the A420 past Williams F1 and joining the A420.

@Tim. Are you OK to take the lead on this bit and I’ll take over once we hit the A34?

A420 to the A34 north then onto the A4260 with an 8.15 meet point at Hopcrofts Holt garage.

From there to Banbury then pick up the A422 to C&M.

Does that work for everyone and have I got timings right? May need to start a bit earlier if we want to be there for 9.00?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
OK chaps, now 7am start at Chieveley and 8am at Hopcrofts Holt then straight up to C&M 👍

SQ5,RB182 Cup,PB 182
Yep but not sure what happens if I check in somewhere and it flags that I should be isolating. Bit s**t really - been careful for 18 bloody months!
There’s no legal requirement to actually isolate so I’d imagine there’s naff all they could do - but it’s all down to you mate. You do what you feel is best!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
The chances of heavy rain has gone down now. I’ll be at Chievley for 7am still. If some of you guys are there I’ll be a follower as don’t know any good roads up to CM. If no ones there it’ll be M and A roads up for me.

SQ5,RB182 Cup,PB 182
The chances of heavy rain has gone down now. I’ll be at Chievley for 7am still. If some of you guys are there I’ll be a follower as don’t know any good roads up to CM. If no ones there it’ll be M and A roads up for me.
If Mr Coops is still out and will 100% confirm then I don’t mind taking over at Hopcrofts Holt Station at 0800.

I will check again later this evening and give you all the postcode for the station and we can go from there as no one, I believe, is being picked up after there.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
If Mr Coops is still out and will 100% confirm then I don’t mind taking over at Hopcrofts Holt Station at 0800.

I will check again later this evening and give you all the postcode for the station and we can go from there as no one, I believe, is being picked up after there.
100% out bud 👍

SQ5,RB182 Cup,PB 182
100% out bud 👍
Ok mate. Happy isolating!

Gents, the address for Hopcrofts Holt is -

Banbury Road, OX25 5QQ

Just follow the satnav from Chievley down the A34 which should take you around 40/45 minutes.

There’s an interesting alternative route but you have to go up the M4 towards Swindon and come off at Swindon and head down the A420 but it’s roughly 1:45 minutes so up to you guys but you’ll have to leave earlier.

if anyone wants to PM then you’re welcome to! If not, I’ll see you tomorrow at 0800