ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C3ph1 Rs engine attraction

Renaultsport 220T
Think that is called holeinmyblocksyndrome, or to use it's more common name. Manufactured by Renault.

clio rs ph1
it doesn't look good.
we don't know what fault
the engine will be sent to France
of course, will be the new engine

hmh

Renault Clio RS 172 ph1
I'd say most likely this was oil starvation e.g. due to punch in a pallet or just low oil level. Then one of rods fail to rotate around crank and cracks breaking a hole in the block.

lift number 1 @ btm
i had something similar happen when a rod bolt gave way.

needless to say, they are now arp...

BMW M135i
I'd go with rod bolt failure and its throw said rod.

What conditions did it fail under? Had it had prolonger high rpm use? Mods?

clio rs ph1
What conditions did it fail under? Had it had prolonger high rpm use? Mods?

i wasn't there at the same time
i insert a description of the situation ;)

he wrote,
My car spent 2 weeks at service. After I got it back I've driven calmly for about 10 km and then I wanted to take over somebody. At about 5000rpm, when I was almost done taking him over, something made a loud bang, and car started producing lots of smoke behind it. Soon smoke was inside too. The failure occurred when I was about to shift up. Logs has been recovered and checked by service. When they opened up everything, and looked around (I wasn't there then), they just took the crankshaft away. I've seen only what's on photos.