ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cabasse and Non-Cabasse

What are the differences between the two, notice a few people have billed them as an upgrade to the standard headunit but cant find any info as to why they are better.

Higher powered system, fitted in the boot normally, or sometimes under the seat, for the money, not worth it for the money compared to aftermarket audio

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
are you taking clio 2? cabasse headunit is physically the same looking and same to use, sound is much better, however as above its not exactly aftermarket quality, but you can get full volume with decent amount of bass on standard speakers and it still sounds good.

my 172 has cabasse head unit with non cabasse speakers and it doesnt sound as good as my mrs 1.6 16v with full cabasse setup, so i think the speakers must be different in them too however ive never had them out and inspected.

personally if you can get one cheap enough with a code then id go for it, nice oem+ upgrade.

straight fit no wiring needed, if you have a standard cd changer then it works with that no problem too

172 phase 1 & 2
are you taking clio 2? cabasse headunit is physically the same looking and same to use, sound is much better, however as above its not exactly aftermarket quality, but you can get full volume with decent amount of bass on standard speakers and it still sounds good.

my 172 has cabasse head unit with non cabasse speakers and it doesnt sound as good as my mrs 1.6 16v with full cabasse setup, so i think the speakers must be different in them too however ive never had them out and inspected.

personally if you can get one cheap enough with a code then id go for it, nice oem+ upgrade.

straight fit no wiring needed, if you have a standard cd changer then it works with that no problem too

In my 2004 172 is standard Renault stereo I got a cabasse version but it won't work? I'm told they are powered different?
it don't even ask for the code on the display it just does nothing but put the old one in and works fine?