ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cabasse auditorium difference

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My 172 head unit sounds absolutely crap, it's the standard tuner list which I've replaced the speakers to alpine SXE-1325S.

What is the difference with a cabasse auditorium and would it be an improvement over my bog standard thing? I'm wanting to retain the oe look.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Can’t say I noticed any difference in mine, didn’t even realise it has the extra speaker until I started pulling it apart.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Extra speaker, Wheres that?

Above the cup holder.
6432147F-8FA3-4DE1-AE00-BCF98EA39F6E.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So is it worth me getting the auditorium version?
To be honest without getting a subwoofer you're pissing in the wind. My auditorium was great but i have nothing else to compare it to (compared to standard, I'm running an aftermarket unit now)

I'd just get a decent aftermarket headunit that looks close to oem. Plenty of nice looking alpine units

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The small sub was an option with cabasse iirc

Upper specc'd cars came with them, my dCi 100 had the small sub and a cabasse, my 172 doesn't have the sub but has a cabasse and tbh it sounds fuxking s**t compared to the old trusty derv

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Nah i know its a right piddly little bag of s**t

But it can't be for nav as they didn't sell any sat nav dCi 100's iirc. Only a handful of dCi 80 Paris Initiales
it was an optional extra and all the Dynamique+ dci 100's ive come across were pre wired for it though with the GPS receiver in the Ariel (my 100 had it) - they have the ariel with the big base rather than the small round one:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

megane 285 sport
The audio is woefull in the megane mk3s, me and many others opted to fit a pioneer gm-d1004 head unit amp like this

They come with iso connectors so were plug and play on the megane with bluetooth adaptor lead, but i beleive the clios tuner list headunit are straight forward iso connectors, so even better, no seperate power cables, or ignition, switches on when it detects signal from the stereo, was defo an improvement from standard, and with a underseat sub 100 times better.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
it was an optional extra and all the Dynamique+ dci 100's ive come across were pre wired for it though with the GPS receiver in the Ariel (my 100 had it) - they have the ariel with the big base rather than the small round one:
View attachment 1485412

That makes sense my 172 has the bigger Ariel base aswell.
However it’s not fitted with a sat nav which is a bit odd for them to put the wiring in.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That makes sense my 172 has the bigger Ariel base aswell.
However it’s not fitted with a sat nav which is a bit odd for them to put the wiring in.
Sean some seem to have the wiring with no nav but not seen an RS with this. Does the vin on your dash top match the car? People were selling sat nab setups for mega money back in the day, seen the dash top alone go for £300!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sean some seem to have the wiring with no nav but not seen an RS with this. Does the vin on your dash top match the car? People were selling sat nab setups for mega money back in the day, seen the dash top alone go for £300!

Yeah all matches, satnav wasn’t speced on the original invoice either.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It was a dynamique+ so had climate and electric sunroof but just had the standard non cabasse update list with no sat nav
Weird how theyd do that. I removed my satnav and ran a standard aerial cable to the aerial from my radio but the signal is now terrible.
The gps unit they bridged through previously (that I removed) was an aerial booster it seems.