ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAE shifter Clio 3 reviews

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Anyone got or had one fitted? Only seen a couple reviews for the Megane but both positive. The height and stability look idea for track work.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I drove my mates car a couple of times with one fitted, and thought it was a massive waste of money.
Certainly looked smart though

dan's cast offs.
at £550-600 with cables they would be well worth it, for the price they are not worth it for the difference they make. fitted a few.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Did it not improve the gear shift at all then?
It's kind hard to describe, but it was almost as though there was no feedback through the shifter.
He previously had a short shifter kit which you could easily feel once you were in gear. The CAE reduced the throw even more than the short shifter, and it just felt as though the gear wasn't quite in there.
As i understand it, these types of shifters have filtered down through the neccessity of needing that extra mechanical advantage on dog engagement boxes - there's no improvement to be had on our normal synchronised gears

Some people seem to love them though - but i guess you're always going to rave about a product which has just cost you near on a grand

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely hugely over priced and a bit of a waste of money for what they actually do.

It feels nice and has positive engagement into gears on the Megane and it's nice having a taller knob.

Bit it's no where near worth what they ask for them and it's funny listening to those that have bought them and think they are the best thing in thr world. Even seen people banging on about making them quicker round a circuit, erm no. Gearbox still shifts at the same speed ffs [emoji23]