ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAF pics?

Any CAF pics? Just wondering what others have done, in particular the ducting for the cold air feed? Also anyone know what bore size i would need for the ducting on a Mk2 Phase1? Cheers.

Golf GTD Mk7
CAf for brakes or filter? If so there is a few threads on it in the guide section. Become a fully fledged member and have a look.

182 Cup
Unconventional and ugly, but I'd guess it's one of the most effective.

P1010426.jpg

P1010427.jpg

172 Cup
Before spraying:
10092008925.jpg

After spraying:
DSC04679.jpg

iirc, if you have it in the fog light hole for MOT purposes you have to remove the other fog light?

With these CAF, especially the pic by Inferno, surely these will collect crud, grit, leaves, water/rain, insects or a small bird etc and therefore clog up the filters very quickly. A lot of these after market cloth and foam filters do not filter as effectively as standard paper/fibre filters and therefore more chance for the engine to be damaged. At least with the standard setup, the CAF is behind the bumper and protected from these bits and still be drawing the same cold air. If its for RAM air effect, I would still say any effect is nil.

This is of course IMO.

182 Cup
You can clean a foam filter though - just do it often if it worries you. I see your point, but the one I posted was (I believe) a track only car, so it makes no difference really.

Ram effect as you rightly say doesn't come into it, but through the headlight is the most effective route. It's at the right height for lower temperatures (there is a difference between air temperatures at road level and at headlight level), and it's the most direct route for air to take to get to the engine.

At the very least it sounded like it was doing it's job! I remember people thinking the car was running throttle bodies then a video was posted!

Golf GTD Mk7
You could always put something within the tube to prevent large contaminent getting in, but the liklihood is small. Cleaning filter isn't too hard though.

Bumder With A Buffer
You can clean a foam filter though - just do it often if it worries you. I see your point, but the one I posted was (I believe) a track only car, so it makes no difference really.

Ram effect as you rightly say doesn't come into it, but through the headlight is the most effective route. It's at the right height for lower temperatures (there is a difference between air temperatures at road level and at headlight level), and it's the most direct route for air to take to get to the engine.

At the very least it sounded like it was doing it's job! I remember people thinking the car was running throttle bodies then a video was posted!

Any links to said video??

SQ5
I have 4 inch ducting, fits right over the the fog light surround on the PH1 so its quite stealthy.

I'm gonna stick some black mesh over the front of it to stop it sucking up s**t!

Nice pis of Dan's car Andy ;)

PH1 172 Sport
^^ Never understood why people dont do that if they have a PH1. Its such a good mod and the inlets are high enough up from the road to suck in cooler air.

So many on here with PH1's run them all the way up from the fog which is just stupid IMO.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I'll certainly use Dave's method on this car as i did on my last, same benefit and inconspicuous.

172 Race Car
^^ Never understood why people dont do that if they have a PH1. Its such a good mod and the inlets are high enough up from the road to suck in cooler air.

So many on here with PH1's run them all the way up from the fog which is just stupid IMO.
yeah!! someone who agrees with me at last

fog light for an intake is a pants idea on any car, its too low