ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caffeine & Machine Meet

I'm in the middle of London therefore can start from pretty much anywhere. Happy to pull together a route and if needed lead the convoy.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the middle of London therefore can start from pretty much anywhere. Happy to pull together a route and if needed lead the convoy.

That would be great mate if you dont mind doing that.I guess it will be an early start,depending on how long your route will take us & would say look to get there for 9-10am?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
C&M seems to be busier than ever post-lockdown. Last time I arrived a few minutes into the afternoon slot and it was rammed.

I’ll be heading A303/A34 and then across to Banbury via the A/B roads north of Oxford as it’s a bit less tedious than M40.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
C&M seems to be busier than ever post-lockdown. Last time I arrived a few minutes into the afternoon slot and it was rammed.

I’ll be heading A303/A34 and then across to Banbury via the A/B roads north of Oxford as it’s a bit less tedious than M40.

I think with this weather also mate makes people there garage queen cars out,but we should aim to get there for 9am latest i think,if its a sunny week.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I think with this weather also mate makes people there garage queen cars out,but we should aim to get there for 9am latest i think,if its a sunny week.
They also seem to have changed their approach to influencers and other stand out cars and are giving them priority position. I’m not massively fussed but ended up parked in a dusty field last time .

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
But it looks good for them on social media to have the more eye appealing cars there, which you can understand.

If it was full of "normal" cars, it wouldn't look so fancy.
Agree bud. I’m heading to Podium Place near me at the weekend - seems quite a cool hangout and only half an hour up the road. Despite being a shiny car freak I’m not overly bothered about being “seen” but I do get mildly pissed when I’m asked to park the shitty old Clio out of sight so the influencer driving Daddy’s supercar can get the attention they desperately crave 😂😂

RyG

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Is it just a place to get breakfast etc? It’s 3+ hours away, worth the drive?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Is it just a place to get breakfast etc? It’s 3+ hours away, worth the drive?
In reality yes. The bonus is a lot of varied machinery usually on display. Worth a 3 hour trip? As a one-off maybe but it’s a long way to go.