ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caliper paint-which colour for my wheels?

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Think red would look really good, just not sure if it would suit the clio's small brakes if you get what I mean? With bigger brakes I would defo say go for the red!

New wheels look wicked though Matt and suit the car really well.

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
Adam_C said:
Think red would look really good, just not sure if it would suit the clio's small brakes if you get what I mean? With bigger brakes I would defo say go for the red!

New wheels look wicked though Matt and suit the car really well.

yeh cos i have alreay painted the drums glossy black, and red can sometimes look tacky unless uve had brake conversion etc so might just go glossy black,same as drums

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Yeah, saw you'd done the drums in your other pics and they look good mate. Up to you at the end of the day though, would be interesting to see how they both looked

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
i could do one in red and one in black and show pic? lol then jus paint over the one which dont look as good lol

Mazda MX5 1.8
i vote silver too......

actually on 2nd thought. i recon red lol

3rd thought....... oh i dont know i surrender!

Last edited:
  RS 200
Freebone said:
mine are going silver i suggest the same for yours

how are you prepping yours mate as i am using hammerite smooth to?

Take a look here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135908

I prep'd mine by giving them a good wire brushing over first, then another wash after that. Two coats of hammerite smooth later and the jobs done. I did find that the Hammerite paint dries quickly and even starts binding the brush bristles together, had to wash the brush after each coat.

Chris