ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call Forwarding Apps?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
All. I have a huge issue with mobile signal in my house. Currently, swapping networks for my personal phone is out of the question just now as I'm in contract. Wifi calling is also unavailable. For work, again swapping networks is out of the question and wifi calling is currently not available but may well be soon.

Anyway, to help in the meantime I'd like to utilise call forwarding. But, I want it to be geography based so when I'm at home it'll forward automatically.

Does anyone use or know of any good apps (preferably free as I'm cheap) that will do this. I need it for both iOS and Android.

Of course, it may well be that I just have to suck it up and go outside for phone calls but any help would be useful.

Ta.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Surely you'd need signal for a) the call to reach your phone so the app can read and redirect it and b) for your location services.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Surely you'd need signal for a) the call to reach your phone so the app can read and redirect it and b) for your location services.

I've used one in the past - that typically I now can't find - where it would just redirect all calls when your phone was connected to a specific wifi network. That's really what I meant when I said geography. If I'm connected to my home wifi then I'll be at home.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I've used one in the past - that typically I now can't find - where it would just redirect all calls when your phone was connected to a specific wifi network. That's really what I meant when I said geography. If I'm connected to my home wifi then I'll be at home.
Ah my mistake. I read that as no signal or wifi!

Listerine & Poledo
BT as in BT Mobile, or o2?

Since both networks you use are MVNO, wifi calling will be an anus

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
BT as in BT Mobile, or o2?

Since both networks you use are MVNO, wifi calling will be an anus

BT Mobile. The wifi calling for that will be sorted by work as there is a pilot project ongoing for soft phones and other solutions both computer and smartphone based. But yeah, it ain't happening for my personal phone until my contract is up and I'll be going elsewhere.

Listerine & Poledo
BT Mobile. The wifi calling for that will be sorted by work as there is a pilot project ongoing for soft phones and other solutions both computer and smartphone based. But yeah, it ain't happening for my personal phone until my contract is up and I'll be going elsewhere.
BT Mobile is supposedly working on getting WiFi calling sorted, as part of their under-the-table EE tie-ins.
But once you can, yeah, move to EE / Voda / 3 / o2 and, phone-depending, you'll be good to go.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Love my EE wifi calling! As most people I visit have no signal at their home lol

Listerine & Poledo
Love my EE wifi calling! As most people I visit have no signal at their home lol
Certainly a boon over my way.
Just need to remember that you only have a bubble of signal and it wont switch over to cellular or wi-fi routers mid-call

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Certainly a boon over my way.
Just need to remember that you only have a bubble of signal and it wont switch over to cellular or wi-fi routers mid-call

It will if you happen to be in a 4G area (at least on EE)....but then again if your signal is crap and you're relying on wifi calling it then you probably won't have a 4G signal anyway! Lol