ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

call this a courtesy car

R26

Just dropped the 182 off at Renault Edinburgh for the week - all warranty work, well - the monkeys gave me, get this: a 1.2 8v clio for £25 insurance for the week. I knew this wouldnt be fast but overtaking is a big no no unless there is a couple of miles spare behind you. Once you pull out to overtake (mway) you have to sit out in the fast lane for like 1 min to get past someone doing 68mph:eek:. Anyone who comes up behind in the fast lane thinks your taking the piss by being a road hog - but it wont go any quicker. :mad:

I think renault are having a laugh charging me £4.98 a day for insurance and then giving me this "thing" to drive about in. Surely they should have given me a dynamique or something with a little bit of oomph. I mean this thing doesnt even look like a sport or dynamique inside, no central display for the clock temp or anything, and flat seats that could have come from ikea kids section.

Give me my car back - fixed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

P.S how many miles do you think I should expect added on to my car when I get it back, its in for:

1) wipers keep shorting
2) Passenger seat rattles badly and is getting worse
3) dash board rattles like a mofo ^^ and is getting worse
4) Traction control only works intermittently

Got to be better than a 1.4 bottom of the range green megane with worse fuel consumption than the 172!!!

Not a Clio

lol i know what you mean about overtaking.

My first car was a 1.2 8v clio. Overtaking is f**king dangerous!

R26

If you are in Edinburgh over the next week and you see a red clio with black wing mirrors looking thoroughly miserable and you want to get past him - remember its me and I am actually trying to accelerate so be patient. Please

Ill be out of your way in like an hour or so.

Reg no: something like S004 *** (5 dr)

whenever i have had a coutesy car i have never had to pay a penny for insurance. Surley they shouldnt be chargeing you anything?????

R26

"RED LINE REV LIMITER" lol - I cant even get the car to rev (all joking aside) - On the point of the megane - my mate had one and they werent powerful were they and they drank fuel like gazza drank stella

R26

"ESCOBAR, just remember that middle pedal is for show." huh ? I threw that away yesterday, I just open my door, stick my foot out and I stop pretty quick.

On the insurance side: I tried arguing, they said they wont cover it even though its warranty work. She then said "well do you want to take it ?" and then continued to say "well you dont have much choice". What can I do, i told them it was their fault for not building the car properly and that they should pay, she wouldnt budge.

Any suggestions, besides running amock with a bat in the showroom :/

Guy here at work is having a Megane 225 as a courtesy car next week, he just said have you got anything better than a 1.2 clio as he does a fair bit of motorway miles. They have got his for 2 days tho (megane senic 1.9 DCI).

I have a 1.2 courtesy car today ! It is truly shocking the difference between the 172 and 1.2 in every aspect !

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 07 December 2004

"ESCOBAR, just remember that middle pedal is for show." huh ? I threw that away yesterday, I just open my door, stick my foot out and I stop pretty quick.

On the insurance side: I tried arguing, they said they wont cover it even though its warranty work. She then said "well do you want to take it ?" and then continued to say "well you dont have much choice". What can I do, i told them it was their fault for not building the car properly and that they should pay, she wouldnt budge.

Any suggestions, besides running amock with a bat in the showroom :/

Telephone call to renault uk is in order i think.

If you are in Edinburgh over the next week and you see a red clio with black wing mirrors looking thoroughly miserable and you want to get past him - remember its me and I am actually trying to accelerate so be patient. Please

LOL, Ill look out for you but you will probably hear me first!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ahhh, good old Renault Edinburgh.. take my car there all the time, quite often get their 1.2 courtesy cars lol..

Last time I got one it was skanking... covered in mud inside and out.. was gonna was it for them and send them the bill lol

I couldnt give a sh*t what courtesy car I get TBH, its better than walking back to work !

PS. They didnt charge me anything for insurance.

172, Tiguan

ditto.

A burst of reality in a slow car makes me appreciate mine for another week or so.

The Jinx

I got a 1.4 green 5dr Megane when my old dci went in for warranty work.

Fark me that was slow. But there is a technique for driving courtesy cars.

133/225/CLS AMG

Im really surprised they are charging you to insure a courtesy car. Surely they should cover that as its the car they sold you thats gone wrong, its not like you crashed it or something.

I got a courtesy car for free when mine went in, having said that it had a £1000 excess which I thought was damn cheeky.

Octavia VRS

ahhh yes someone i can overtake comfortably!

Had experience of Renault Edinburgh as well when my dad had a Megane. All I will say is that they are slightly better than Renault Livingston but that wouldnt be hard!!

E91 M Sport

I had to pay to insure a w**k Modus when my V6 was in with Renault for two days. Theyre sh*t and I will never be using Camden Renault for anything again. Two days was for an oil change, btw. tw*ts.

R26

lol "over take comfortably" you will have to wait for me to get out your way :).

Just took my m8 out in the motor at lunch time, had some chav in a red fiesta (mrk 2 or so) reving his engine trying to show off ! I need a sticker that says "my other car is a sport" so behave.

By the way the reg is "S004 RYF" anyone here had the pleasure of driving this particular machine yet ? I wonder what clarkson would make of it! reckon it wouldnt quite make his top 10 garage, maybe top 11.

Sorry if me slating this car offends anyone on here but Its just added 3/4 of an hour on my journey back from work. if anyone is behind me tonight, give me a little nudge to get up to speed, it would be most appreciated - just dont do it over the forth rd bridge :eek:
A Modus ? ^^^^ that sounds positivley luxurious in comparison, that would easily be better than a rank v6 (rflol)

[Edited by ESCOBAR on 07 December 2004 at 1:45pm]

R26

However, I must say - I did once get a Nissan Micra Spiv (new style) from Enterprise rent-a-car for a weekend down to warrington, now that was a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really ...............................sh*tE CAR. the inside made me fell travel sick and the steering was frightening, esp driving through the lakedistrict - looking down the cliff from the road thinking mmmmm..... i might well be down there in a minute burning horribly and then someone might see me in the car. I dont know which is worse

1.2s are nothing compared to a 172/182/v6, was behind a 182 at a set of lights, he floored it and it shot off like a rocket LOL I caught up after about 500 metres.... he was stopped at another set of lights though:oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 07 December 2004

1.2s are nothing compared to a 172/182/v6, was behind a 182 at a set of lights, he floored it and it shot off like a rocket LOL I caught up after about 500 metres.... he was stopped at another set of lights though:oops:
Chancer.;)

fat 182

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 07 December 2004

You obviously need to learn the courtesy car diriving technique!
i thought the courtesy car was the fastest car on the road :D

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 07 December 2004

It is truly shocking the difference between the 172 and 1.2 in every aspect !
Yeah mine kicks your ass everytime boyo!!!!

Dont Complain!

Peter Smith Sports Cars gave me a FCUkd Metro! I kid you not. Now having said that Peter saw me in it and tore a strip off the service manager & gave me one of their demos for the day

Gordon lamb Motorsport gave me a shagged 600cc daihatsu

Bit unrelated, but have a lot of people experienced similar problems with the 182 regarding rattling of the passenger seat and dash? Must be coz of the stiff suspension i guess.

Maybe ill take mine in to get it looked at, its a pain when youre driving on your own, so i usually have to turn the music up so i dont hear it :)

Quote: Originally posted by dazraffan on 07 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 07 December 2004You obviously need to learn the courtesy car diriving technique![/QUOTE]i thought the courtesy car was the fastest car on the road :D

Nay, thats the reps car.

Burgandy 174 sport t

I had about 12 courtesy cars in my reno owning days and not once did I have to pay that, get them to call reno uk and u will not have to pay. Its not your fault its off the road

my 1.4 16v went in for a service n warranty work, know the business manager and he very kindly sorted me out with a new 182 for the "week", was suppost to be 2 days but he said the warranty work was taking "longer than expected". TOP MAN!!!

Best driving week of my life!

i got given a 3 cylinder 1.0 corsa once, the fuking body role this think had was scary, still too a few mm of the tread of the front tyres though:)