ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling 0800 numbers for free on your mobile

dk

911 GTS Cab
Now i'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not but i wasn;t aware of it so i thought i would share incase anyone doesn't know about it.

I'm sure everyone is aware we now get charged for ringing 0800 numbers on mobile (didn't used to, big con IMO).

Well as i don't have a phone at home this can be a pain in the arse at times as i have a free number to call but have to pay etc.

Well if you ring 0200 222 0900 and then it asks you for the number, put the freephone number in and hey presto, call is free as it comes out of your minutes as its a london number.

Used it to call skys 0800 number the other day and just checked my bill and its definitely free, so hopefully that will help some of you too who didn't know about doing this.

thankyou and goodnight.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was never under the impression 0800 numbers were free. I'm sure I have always paid for them.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
they always used to be free on orange until a couple of years ago.
Still are free on our work phones from orange, but not my personal phone on orange.

Strange that, but useful since i can just use the work phone when i need to ring 0800's.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Still are free on our work phones from orange, but not my personal phone on orange.

Strange that, but useful since i can just use the work phone when i need to ring 0800's.
I used to use the work phone too ( on vodafone) but i always used to feel dirty ad it used to warn me the call wouldn't be free and to hang up if I didn't want to be charged. So at least I'll be guilt free from now on.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I used to use the work phone too ( on vodafone) but i always used to feel dirty ad it used to warn me the call wouldn't be free and to hang up if I didn't want to be charged. So at least I'll be guilt free from now on.
Nah, our work 0800 phone calls are free, i had to call up flux to change my bike insurance a couple of months ago and decided to do it in the van while i was stuck in traffic on the work phone.

Then at the end of the month i logged on to see how much it cost me, so i can put it into sap like a good boy and the call was completely free.

We are allowed to use our work phones for personal as long as we declare it at the end of the month, but the phones have data blocked which is why i dont usually use it out of work.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Simon Maddox's iPhone app used to be crap when I first installed it but just lately it seems to come back with an 01 / 02 number for pretty much every 08 number I want to call. Only downside is I sometimes end up getting through to the wrong department at whatever company I'm ringing.