ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling 0800 numbers

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
So, as of the first of this month, it's now free to call 0800 numbers (from a mobile).

The reason for starting this thread; before it was free to call 0800, I used to use an app called 0800 Wizard which converted the number into a free to dial number via WiFi. Now that 0800 numbers are free to call, it's (the app) actually offering to pay me money for making calls to 0800 numbers.

How do they make any money out of me calling 0800 numbers so that they can pay me and also still make a profit themselves? Where's the money come from?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
"2. Call credit is earned by making calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers at the rate of 0.4p per minute. This credit will be added to your Wizard account and can be withdrawn when £5 has been reached."

It's a tiny amount, but all my MeetMe bridge conferences at work are 0800, I'd very quickly rack up some dollar.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
no idea mate! if I had to guess, I would imagine they make a profit from you using their 03 starting number? pass!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Google "how does weq4u make money" and it explains it there (they basically sell their product rot the company your calling.

Weq4u is brilliant btw, I'll still use it even if 08 numbers are free

Companies are sneaky though. There's other numbers that are now charged by the phone company and the company your calling