ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'I work in I.T' thread

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
New faster line goes into customer.
Customer complains speed on WiFi is still s**t.
Engineer checks controller.
All users connected to SSID that has bandwidth limitations.

We had a client last week who didn't want to pay the money, so decommed and binned their server themselves.

Obviously didn't check for any dependencies or services (which there were) and took out Radius in doing so:LOL:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is anyone familiar with a system that can assist with keeping on top of physical stock/material levels?

At work we have a stone age system of a paper stock check. Once a week a work order (unique job ID) is assigned for someone to physically go and check stock levels and update the sheet.

Is there a way that we can state the quantity of the most commonly used parts and have a Qr code on the shelf that we can scan, and when parts are taken from that shelf a page comes up saying 'Quantity taken - with a dropdown list of numbers'.

Then a threshold set, so when the stock amount is 20% of the 'full' amount, it pings an automated 'Low stock of part xyz' to management?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Is anyone familiar with a system that can assist with keeping on top of physical stock/material levels?

At work we have a stone age system of a paper stock check. Once a week a work order (unique job ID) is assigned for someone to physically go and check stock levels and update the sheet.

Is there a way that we can state the quantity of the most commonly used parts and have a Qr code on the shelf that we can scan, and when parts are taken from that shelf a page comes up saying 'Quantity taken - with a dropdown list of numbers'.

Then a threshold set, so when the stock amount is 20% of the 'full' amount, it pings an automated 'Low stock of part xyz' to management?

Many moons ago I worked for a company called Kerridge Commercial Systems, that sort of stuff was their core business although it was becoming part of a much bigger ERP product.

They’re still going, and the software was solid, so might be worth a look to see if they still offer anything along those lines.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
We do exactly that @Ray Gin, but not as a standalone solution typically. But yeah, could even automate a procurement process to buy more stock once the ‘below 20%’ is triggered.

Was going to DM you the details but you limit your DM’s, you knob 😂

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Many moons ago I worked for a company called Kerridge Commercial Systems, that sort of stuff was their core business although it was becoming part of a much bigger ERP product.

They’re still going, and the software was solid, so might be worth a look to see if they still offer anything along those lines.
Cheers!
We do exactly that @Ray Gin, but not as a standalone solution typically. But yeah, could even automate a procurement process to buy more stock once the ‘below 20%’ is triggered.

Was going to DM you the details but you limit your DM’s, you knob 😂
I didn’t actually know that…I think it’s sorted now?😂