ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Calling All Mechanics ***

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Done, they never had the problem b4 and have no idea. They said to bring it.,,,

Lionel Richie

does the dash/gear stick shake like mad??? (gear stick shakes so much it nearly ripps your arm off)

Is there banging noises???

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

not really a banging noise gear stick shakes...the whole car ddoes....y what do u think?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

still having this problem and yes the gear stick does shake...any1 please help us!!

im not an expert, but could it be the clutch?

If the clutch is very very slightly slipping, all that power in first could be causing it to slip a little bit?

Mite be totally wrong though ;-)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

interesting as that would still b under warranty too....looks like im gonna have to take it to renault...any1 els?!?!?!?!

i cant be bothered-will come back worse then it is and i no theyll blame it on the lowering.

This is my best go at describing the problem "it is very much like the wheels are spinning but this spinning is causing the car to move up and down and then when the wheels get traction the movement stops-but i dont believe the wheels are spinning"

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

yeah thats what i think but the gear stick does shake a lot too...its not right and is ruining my launch as i cant floor it in 1st :cry:

Theoretically the lowering shudnt do this though, and many people have had it lowered even more with none of these issues...

Any1 else... i want to get opinions across the board so im gonna keep this topic bumped till the problem is solved!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

havent had time...was gonna do it sometime in next fortnight though...u think it might be the lwering issue?

This sounds lke something my 172 is doing!!

Board it in 1st and once in the power band theres this strange vibration sound coming from the engine, like something is slipping? think it might be the clutch

Im going 2 try and go 2 reno pronto, as im getting a supersprint in a couple of weeks and then you wont be able to hear anything let alone the rattles and cluncks LOL!

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 28 November 2003

This sounds lke something my 172 is doing!!

Board it in 1st and once in the power band theres this strange vibration sound coming from the engine, like something is slipping? think it might be the clutch

Im going 2 try and go 2 reno pronto, as im getting a supersprint in a couple of weeks and then you wont be able to hear anything let alone the rattles and cluncks LOL!
Are you sure thats not the traction control on the 172?

As for the 1.6, gearbox prob, as its only in specific gears I would look towards gearbox as a potential source of the problem.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

think ill try ad get it to rtec b4 renault...i only noticed it when it got lowered.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

The driveshaft theory is wrong after all its a flexible joint and should work ok at all angles.are you sure its not an engine mounting due to the vehicle has more acceleration in first due to the ratio of first gear.Are your wishbone bushes ok they might of been worn anyway and lowering it was the last straw.Have you had the steering geomatry checked since lowering it,when it was lowered it might have knocked a suspension angle out of spec which is causing something to knock.Are the front springs sat properley in the shocker cups.

hmm rite my problem seems to be gettin worse, its a real hard judder now, it seems to be when ever the engine is inder pressure if you pull of nice and clow it dont happen but mine seems to be doing it through the gears, like when ever the engine is "trying" it happens in second now aswell, mite try and through me old wheels on see wot happens but wot a pain in the arse, aswell i think i might run it down to garage as this seems to be gettin real bad i dont want the thing breaking on me , :D bloody car

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

cheers jay172 its just a little weird as the car is like brand new! im taking it rtec hopefully nxt weekend

badbot let me knwo how u get on.