ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling all North West RS owners.....

172 Cup
Right as that got your attention.....
I bought the Cup a few months ago and the person who had it previous to me must have been deaf! The exhaust is painfully loud and so before I lose the use of my ears I need to change it sharpish!
Any clues on what backbox would be a good choice? Gotta fill the gap cut in the rear valance that the twin pipes are squeezing out of. Also, I want it to sound good but not too loud.
PLUS, need to find a garage around the Chester area that will either supply and fit, or just fit.
I know there are a lot of RS owners around this way so hoping for some local advice.
Many thanks

Black Mk2 172
Urban-Racing will supply and fit a custom exhaust there based in Warrington - not to far from chester , my past dealings with them have been good although i've never had an exhaust off them.

Ad

MK2 FRS
you havent got Gilbert Rachets old cup by any chance... he said it was loud.

Pirvate cup reg??

172 Cup
No the reg on the cup when I bought it was J88 DEK and before that MT52 OPX but I've just put J20 CUP on it

Elise/VX220/R26
I had same problem on my 172 for some reason zorsts on the 172 just sound awful try a magnex if you want something quiet

Ad

MK2 FRS
CupJonny said:
No the reg on the cup when I bought it was J88 DEK and before that MT52 OPX but I've just put J20 CUP on it

aargh rite, the one i was think was r***cup....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
magnex is a good all-rounder, nice subtle sound and not too loud when going for it. Got mine fitted at DT.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Magnex are class all the way mate.If they fit them on tvr's as standard then they must be ok.I had a full magnex on my RS1800 from the manifold and with a cat pipe and was civilised.When you give it some beans it did get loud but on the motorway it was quieter at 80 than 60mph

ian