ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling all you PHOTOSHOP GURUS

LY 182 FF CUPPED
As discussed very briefly with JUNGLEJIM on the weekend, after seeing his awesome effort at modding a BMW.
I thought it would be fun to post an image of a car and to let people have some fun showing what they can come up with.

http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials.htm

For those that have never been on Digi mods...it is full of information to assist you.

Firstly you can get tips and tricks to some of the basic skills.
Secondly if you go to the 'BIBLE" you can download royalty free HI res images of pretty much any car part in the world...i.e wheels, spoilers,body kit etc etc to help your "ride" along to the look that you so desire.
All tips are on the left side of the screen, this is also where you will find Hi res image stock libraries.
Picture1.png
It can be real fun modding cars and is an excellent way to hone those Photoshop skills.

There is no prize for the best design....I just want to see loads of different ideas.

I have posted a link to a well known site that is dedicated to such goings on.

For the first practice I am posting the proposed design For the 2009 Clio.

Lets see what you can all come up with.

Will try to post up 1 a week....that way it won't go stale and will keep you on your toes.

So come on Jim get us started.

car_photo_245433_25.jpg

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
ok heres mine, its a bit rubbish to be honest as i only spent about 20 minutes on it. getting a decent colour match was hard as the side of the car is very contrasty but mine will do for now

cupcopy-2.jpg

Last edited:
  LY 182 FF CUPPED
here is my first attempt!!!
please be gentle
hmmmm.jpg

on second thoughts the door looks s**t

Last edited:
  Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
ok heres mine, its a bit rubbish to be honest as i only spent about 20 minutes on it. getting a decent colour match was hard as the side of the car is very contrasty but mine will do for now

cupcopy-2.jpg

did u use megane trophy concept for that?
amazing skills btw.......

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
im a newbie to photoshop and im finding it so hard to find a colour match and i havnt got the skills yet to change the whole colour of the car so im stuck

LY 182 FF CUPPED
one suggestion is to select the car with which ever method you find best.
I tend to use the mask mode.....KEY Q and then paint the area you want to select.
Convert it to B & W and go to image + adjustments+ variations +add some colour(of your Choice)
Then do some fine tuning in HUE+ SATURATION.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
this is my 1st EVER proper photoshop, bit rough round the edges - only just got into it so go easy on me, il hopefully get better - any other advice would be appriciated, i just cant get the blending of colours right yet, thanks for the advice planetx!! cheers

NewRenaultClioAfter.gif