ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change 172

Clio 182 FF
Hi guys, so, change of plans with the cambelt situation on my missus' 172 clio, dont have the time to do it anymore.

Can anyone recommend a garage that will do the belts relatively near Northamptonshire?

As the dephaser pulley isnt rattling at all and its expensive to have done, also the engine has done 112k as far as we know, we are going to avoid the pulley for now.

So that all known, can anyone recommend a place thatll do the belts for relatively cheap near Northamptonshire?

Clio 182 FF
Cheers mate, I'll get in touch with Mick first as he is a fair bit closer to me, he seems to have pretty much all 5 star reviews so would be a good shout.

Clio 182 FF
Chris at Beaniesport is in Newport Pagnell.
That's much much closer to me, reason I want it to be so close is because the cambelt is 10 years old (we bought it recently and that was found in the history) so Ideally want to stay as close to home as possible otherwise I'll end up on the back off the AA van 😂

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Aue Mark is sound, knows his stuff too. He's more inclined towards Meganes but can easily do anything to most Renaults

Just keeps his head down nowadays and cracks on, same with Ricky

Yeah he was spot on with me, even gave me a Lambda sensor for nowt!

He a had a Blue Clio 200 on the ramps that was awaiting a rebuilt Megane engine that looked rather nice too.

Clio 182 FF
No worries now guys, booked into Beaniesport for the 8th of Feb, bloke on the phone was really enthusiastic and friendly, impressed so far and reviews are only positive 👍🏻 cheers CS