ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change recommendations / Pic inside! :/

Clio 2 RS172 Cup
Do any of you guys have any recommendations for where I should get a cambelt changed on a 172 cup? I'm based in Flitwick MK45.

Check out the picture, any ideas what's caused that!? Noticed it while changing the upper engine mount...

I'd get everything done that's worth doing at the time. Dephaser and waterpump etc. Also, what should I be expecting to pay these days?

Cheers :)

Attachments

• 20191130_120911.jpg
    20191130_120911.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
  Westfield, 182, 200
Looks like somebody has put the wrong length bolt in and then replaced it for the correct bolt, don't ask how I know :cool:

Clio 2 RS172 Cup
Called Chris this morning and hes going to sort me out a quote as I'm also looking to get the cam cover and sump resealed at the same time.

Thanks for the recommendations :)

Looks like somebody has put the wrong length bolt in and then replaced it for the correct bolt, don't ask how I know :cool:
Interesting. Wont ask how you know ;) But, what bolt could this have been?

Westfield, 182, 200
To be honest, it was on a 197, I picked up the wrong engine mount to cylinder head bolt and wound it in.
It was a 10mm bolt going into a 12mm hole, but as the mount and cylinder head weren't aligned, and it felt like it was going in.
As soon as it touched the belt, it wouldn't screw in any more and I thought I'd stripped the aluminium, but I'd nipped the belt exactly the same as the picture.
Cost me a new belt and a couple of hours labour.
Morale of the story is, don't change a cam belt after work in the dark!
Ian