ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt change, whats needed? if i attempt it myself

phase 1 flamer 172
Cambelt change is due timewise, excluding tools what do I need from Renault. Already got oil/filter and may fit ac delete while im there so don't need aux belt at this time. So
cambelt,
dephaser? at 68000, what else.

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
I am sure I read on another thread when researching a cambelt change that it's advisable to change the oil seals on the cam shafts due to removing the pully's anyway I also read that you should replace the pully locking bolt and nut.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes new seals for the cams which comes as a kit which includes the dephaser bolt and exhaust pulley nut.

Replace the crank bolt and dephaser well.

You only get the cam end caps in the kit not the cam oil seals, you may want to consider changing these as well.

Crank bolt can be reused if it is below a certain length, 59mm rings a bell, but it is good practice to change it anyway.

phase 1 flamer 172
Guess that's about it then, so thanks for advice, will get parts ordered up.