ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt snapped/ Irattic idle?

clio 1.6 16v
Hi i am new to posting on this forum, basically my cambelt snapped a few weeks ago, the garage said i had blown 11 valves but everything else seemed fine but had the head skimmed and new cambelt kit .etc

I got the car back yesterday but its idling erratically but once you get the revs up seems fine, all the mechanic said is that it might clear itself and sent me on my way but today after reading a few threads on here about cleaning the tb .etc I have cleaned the throttle body which was pretty gunked up and also there was oil in the airbox!? so i thought this must be the problem i have just put it back together and its exactly the same.

please can someone help me im absoloutly gutted as i have just spent so much money on getting the work done.

thanks in advance
kezza

My cars a v reg ph1 1.6 16valve think its the k4m engine

Last edited:
  clio 1.6 16v
yeh i thought of an air leak checked all vacuum hoses that i can see but they all seem connected, is there any hidden ones? because i can hear a slight hissing noise but could be anything. yeh your right im going to have to take it back to them! Thanks for your help.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Light it up. Make sure it burns reeaaaaal good.

Then buy a mint ph1 172 for £2k and never look back..... x