ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt

Willy, Willy 2, V6
Ive got the camshaft locking jig and the crackshaft locking pin. I've also got a universal snap-on pulley locking tool, should do the job?

Lionel Richie
well the renault cam pulley tool is a bit odd i found at first, as its still possible to move the pulleys even when you've cranked the locking tool up tight

'92 172, Lotus Elise
is the pulley locking tool to stop the system 'flexing' as you tighten it up?

how do you avoid that when tightening the crankshaft pulley?

Willy, Willy 2, V6
I'm failing to see how slackening everything can be of any advantage? :S Is it a quicker/easier method or something?

Once the tensioning of procedure 2 (no slacken method) is complete, and the engine has been turned over a good few times, if everything lines up correctly, then surely everything is fine?

Willy, Willy 2, V6
anyone got the part numbers for the pulley seals then? I'd like to have them just incase I do the 'slacken ervything' method :) do GSF/ECP sell these or is it a reno only part?