ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt.

renault clio r 172
Just bought a clio 172 53 is there a way of checking the cambelt to see if it has been done or needs doing thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
Renault recommends every 5 year interval, is it not, correct me if im wrong. But there's no way of knowing apart from past reciepts, asking the previous owner or from having a look, but if your going to take it off and have a look, you may as well put a new one in. But if theres any doubt at all, then the sensible thing to do would be to do it anyway.

renault clio r 172
I did ask if it had been done but dealer did not know and there is no paperwork to say so the aux belt looks new so this is why i went for it has i thought to do that they might as well of done the cambelt.

Mec 350 slk manual
No paper work and the dealer did not know don't sound to good to me best get them done better to be safe than sorry.

renault clio r 172
1350 i paid got loads of paperwork for service parts oil etc as the previous owner done it him self in really good nick just this cambelt thing that is on me mind has 99000 on the clock.

Blackgold 182
If theres loads of reciepts but not one for cambelt....then assume its not been done! Surely no one would lose such a 'valuable' reciept?!

renault clio r 172
I would have thought that two but the breaks disk and pads have only just been done two and no paperwork for them

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The brakes could have been done by the dealer?

Did it come with 12 months MOT when you bought it?

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Just have them changed, yes its initially expensive as its not an easy job. Especially if it needs a dephaser or water pumps leaking but the cost if it fails makes changing the belts look like small change.

Blackgold 182
How do you know the brakes have just been done then?! End of the day its upto you whether you want to risk your belts? What Im saying about the reciept is that I dont think someone would lose one considering it knocks roughly a grand off the cars value instantly!