ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber - Fast Road/ Track Use

Renault Clio 172
Hello All,

new coilovers and top mounts and wheels fitted time to start thinking about geometry..

want your advice on front and rear camber please

what do you or would you run?

Jack

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What tyres?

If its RSR then I reckon pretty much as much camber as you can get if you intend to use them hard on track.

Renault Clio 172
at the mo just yokahama prada spec 2's but after one track day these will be replaced for something more agressive!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
What tyres?

If its RSR then I reckon pretty much as much camber as you can get if you intend to use them hard on track.

whys this?

I will be getting some RSR's soon and wondering what camber to run (mainly track use) but needs to be driven to tracks but don't want the tyres to wear too quickly on inside edges.
what is the max camber that you can get with camber bolts?

LY FF182
Rsr's just work better with more camber, I've seen people say they get 5deg with camber bolts but some say only about 3

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'm running Bilstein B14's with Eibach camber bolts and I'm at the limit with -2.5deg.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
whys this?

I will be getting some RSR's soon and wondering what camber to run (mainly track use) but needs to be driven to tracks but don't want the tyres to wear too quickly on inside edges.
what is the max camber that you can get with camber bolts?

Max on camber bolts varies, so cant answer that for your specific car.

The RSR on the clios seem to really work the outside edge, so you need loads of camber to stop that.

Cup In bits
172 cup. I have had nearly 5 degrees both sides on my car with the camber bolts in the top hole.

null_zpsb1ddea4d.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Being lower tends to give you more camber too, as it straightens the wishbone out which pushes the wheel outwards.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And I still used to wear the outsides of RS-R's with sportlines fitted.

FLOL!

Its really weird the way they do this so badly to the outside edge, shame as they are totally epic tyres!
It doesnt feel like the sidewalls are soft enough to cause it either, I think it must just literally be the compound on the corners is too soft!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
How do they fare on stiffer spring rates Morgan? Aren't sportlines really soft?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How do they fare on stiffer spring rates Morgan? Aren't sportlines really soft?

Less lean from more roll resistance from a stronger spring means the camber stays more effective, so should wear the outside less.

Cup In bits
Yeah sportlines are fairly soft in the grand scheme of things, any spring that fits oem shockers is IME.

As Chip says I'm sure it would get better but I haven't tested on a stiffer car, my tyres are still road legal after 3 long trackdays, probably about 400 laps of Knockhill with a lot of sliding so its not too bad its just doesn't look right, squarer side walls would improve it I think.