ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber Set Up

Clio 172 Cup
Hi Guys, got some coilovers comming tomorrow and i want to know how to roughly set up camber for time being? Is it right that they need to settle before getting them set up properly? Also where in the northwest does this?

Thanks

Rusty Cup
what coils? i ran my gaz for 18months before attempting to tackle camber... which happened tonight haaa :) in my opinion i would run the coils on there own and enjoy the improved suspension and in a month or so add camber bolts and be blown away all over again, they make such a difference but if you do everything at once you wont feel the difference if that makes any sense, plus camber bolts are only 20 squid or so and any smuck can chuck them on.

Are you planning on paying for your coils to be setup? im not sure i would go down this route personally as every time you take them off or change anything you will undo what you have paid to be done. It will take months in real terms to get your suspension setup how you want it.. and by then you will want it slightly different lol.

I hope this info has done nothing but confuse (jokes) :D

Clio 172 Cup
Ive gone for the KTR Coilovers :), yeah will be paying for someone to set it properly. Will save tyres and make the handling better, just i wasnt sure how to set them up temp before i do take them somewhere. Planning on just setting them to one height and leaving it to be honest. Should be no reason for them to come off :).

Rusty Cup
hmmmmm each to their own bud, what happens when your car breaks down and you have to raise your suspension to get it towed to the garage?

Or when you buy topmounts and fit them yourself?

Or fancy lowering the height of your height adjustable suspesion?

Or you fancy a higher spring rate because the ones that come with the coils arnt firm enough for your driving style?

Im not saying dont get them setup properly but all of the above have happened to me and ive even bought new bolts that hold my suspension on coz ive had them off so many times :p

If you had asked me how many times i would take my coils off when i bought them i probably would have said ummm none?

The idea of a forum in my eyes is to learn from other experiences but in saying that im sure there are people on here that have never taken there coils off.

:D

Clio 172 Ph2
as The_Clio_Kid says, firt try the new coilovers with "stock" camber.

if you do a lot of track day or hill climb you may consider adding some negative camber to get some better tire wear as you take lot of turns.

Rusty Cup
All im suggesting is.. you put coils on a clio its guna handle amazingly im not sure i can see the over all benefit of corner weighting etc if its not a knife edge tuned track beast.

Clio 172 Cup
i understand your comments, i just mainly wanted to know if i put the coilovers on, will they be fine as they are? OR will i need them to be set up basic by a garage? Do i leave the camber bolt alone. Cheers