ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC BR Initial Camber Question

Clio 182 Cup
Hi gang!

Currently in the midst of fitting some BC BR coilovers and whilst I will be sending the car to get properly set up once done, I'm looking for a decent default setup for fitting.

Does anyone that has BC BR's give me a steer on a default camber/caster setup for initial fitting?

1676020280385.png

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
You want the 3 bolts facing to the outside for max camber.

Or facing to the front for max caster.

I have mine for max camber.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Going to say "holy thread revival" but its not that old!

I have these coilovers, to adjust them do you need to remove all the allen bolts and then rotate the whole shock or do you just loosen and rotate? I would guess the latter but wanted to check first.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Going to say "holy thread revival" but its not that old!

I have these coilovers, to adjust them do you need to remove all the allen bolts and then rotate the whole shock or do you just loosen and rotate? I would guess the latter but wanted to check first.

Loosen all 3 and then rotate the top disc and top mount.

Clio 182 Cup
Lol been a while!

I ended up replacing the BC top mounts with PMS solid top mounts and use camber bolts instead. Whilst they seem perfectly fine, I just don't have 100% confidence in unloaded weight being supported by a small aluminium disc and 3x tiny bolts. They are a knocky coilover but work well on track.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Lol been a while!

I ended up replacing the BC top mounts with PMS solid top mounts and use camber bolts instead. Whilst they seem perfectly fine, I just don't have 100% confidence in unloaded weight being supported by a small aluminium disc and 3x tiny bolts. They are a knocky coilover but work well on track.
I will see how I go, might replace the top mount with a proper camber adjust top mount.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've got BC tops on mine.

I ran max castor and ran with camber bolts. Nothing has shifted on mine and it's had a good shake down. Marked it all up with paint pen to keep an eye on it. But nothing has shifted. Stuff that requires thread lock is threadlocked and torqued accordingly.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Cup
If you replace the BC Top Mount, you'll likely need to replace the top hat as well.

Kam Racing do them - BC Front Coilover Top Hat - O-06/7F-TOPHAT