ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camcorder....Advice

No more clio's for me!
Thinking of getting a camcorder, preferably a DVD one...one got any advice, which one and cost?

Thanks
Dan :cool:

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
First off, how much do you want to spend? There are camera's from £100 upwards...

Secondly I wouldn't go for one that writes straight to DVD because you will want to edit your movies on the comp. I reckon you get about 10 seconds decent footage to every minute of film give or take.

I bought a Panasonic NV-GS75 a few weeks ago. I was advised that this is one of the best sub £500 cams out there and it can be had for around £350 online.

No more clio's for me!
What package do you use to edit the recording? Also, do you burn it to DVD after?

P.S 350 to 400 is the bracket i'm looking at spending.

i would go for the sony DCR-HC22 as i seen meny good reviews of this cam plus my parents have just bought it and it is awesome. can be had for about £330 retail or if ya look around i think it can be had for about £270 which is a bargain

Golf GTI 1.8T
I'm having real fun editing video lately. Never tried it before but had a good jvc mini dv cam for a few years. After seeing Harry_Manbacks snow vids I wanted to try it out, so went out and bought a firewire cable, most cams are usb now.

We both use window movie editor (comes on xp) and as a basic free editing software its pretty good, really easy to use!! definately recommend it to anyone!! just need to get some good footage now instead of all that family stuff I've got! lol :)

BMW M3
bsimmer3000 said:
i would go for the sony DCR-HC22 as i seen meny good reviews of this cam plus my parents have just bought it and it is awesome. can be had for about £330 retail or if ya look around i think it can be had for about £270 which is a bargain

Yeah mate.. it is a brilliant camera. Ive got one too and for £270 off Amazon.

Great for outdoor footage. Only suffers slightly indoors but it brightens or dims automatically quite well.

Had it for a couple of months and thought the zoom was good and then a few nights ago i was fiddling in the menu and turns out i didnt have the digital zoom on 800x lol. Big diff....

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
did a lot of research when looking for mine 6 months back.

i went with the Sony HC-90. your looking at around the 500 mark for this (700-800 in jessops). i have to say it is a cracking piece of kit.

i fancied a dvd one but after a bit of research they are generally quite poor.

check out www.avforums.com for all the info you need. lots of detailed reviews etc, it was invaluable when i was looking for one.

No more clio's for me!
bsimmer3000 said:

Found it on Argos..£229.99...bargain!!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5631773.htm

Shall be discussing this with me bird/financial advsior!!!

Seems the best so far.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have a Canon MV705i . Best and cheapest place i could find was :

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/camcorder/2/onglet.html

Mini dv camcorders are still the best imo . Look for good optical zoom , digital zoom isn't important .
Mines 22x optical 440 digital . Night mode .Remote control . Its got digital / analogue video in / out , firewire , sd card , wide angle lens . You can transfer video from your old vhs if you want then to your pc . Dead easy to use . I ordered mine from Pixmania , which is in Paris and it was delivered 36 hours later . Plus if you order from Pixmania you get a 2 year warranty instead of the normal UK 1 year warranty . Most camcorders don't come with a case no matter how much you spend . The batteries never tend to last that long and if you buy the manufacturers longer life batteries they are f*ckin expensive , well over £100 . I bought some bigger , longer life batteries from ebay , came from America , and the 4.5 hour battery was about £25 delivered . They have alot of use and never let me down once .Do a good search of the net on on www.kelkoo.co.uk or www.pricerunner.co.uk . Pixmania was the best for me ,can't fault em . But might not be depending on what your looking for .

MrBillyUK !

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
CraigM said:

Don't know if they are any good , sorry . But the optical zoom , which is the important zoom , not digital is pretty piss poor imo . I'd be lookin at something with at least 16x optical . Check out this one on Pixmania if its JVC your after . I have a Canon MV705i with 22x optical zoom , its amazing what ya can see with it ;)

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/88762/art/jvc/gr-d240ex-minidv-camcorde.html

MrBillyUK !

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm looking for a camcorder for holidays :)

Can anyone reccomend one with realy good quality and decent picture in various light (at night in particular) as I might be taking it to a concert etc

Cheers
Trev

Last edited: