ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camcorders?

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I'm thinking about buying a little camcorder just to mess about with at events & stuff, don't really need it to do anything amazing & don't want to spend a fortune on something that'll get used every few weeks.

Anyone any recommendations? :)

Also, which are easier to extract raw footage from in order to edit, mini DV or DVD?

Thank you.

VaVa
LOL she was weak rough too lol

I have a little sony miniDV. It's sound for just bitting and bobbing. I recommended one of these to a girl friend of mine who wanted a cheapish one to film her pussy with. Two year warranty too.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/597275/art/sony/dcr-hc27-minidv-camcorder.html

Review and picture showing size. It's fairly neat and compact. Can't go wrong with Sony for this type of thing imho

http://www.tech.co.uk/gadgets/digital-video/camcorders/review/sony-dcr-hc27

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i have a Canon DV i bought on here for £50.

Yours for £75

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Ta Stefan. Basically, I want it for my Mum to be able to film showjumping etc & the odd lesson so I can come home & critique the state of my riding.

What would I need to get footage off the tapes onto the computer? :)

SSS paid for a brand new clio with what she made didnt she?.. fair play to her I say. I've got my webcam for that anyway- HD FTW!

Tom, I'll pass thank you.

VaVa
The n95 actually isn't bad video quality for a phone.... but miles behind a camcorder. Just make sure your PC has plenty of RAM and a quickish HDD. otherrwise it will drop frames.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
The n95 actually isn't bad video quality for a phone.... but miles behind a camcorder. Just make sure your PC has plenty of RAM and a quickish HDD. otherrwise it will drop frames.

New laptop as well then me thinks... lol

32 inch panasonic. trust me they look good, have to have been recorded off the n95 tho, not transfered, and use the plug thing that came with it.

VaVa
I have an N95 and a 37" Tosh. I tried it in june last year and I've just tried it again to make sure my memory was correct. Very good for a phone but if that's what you call DVD quality then I suggest you need a new DVD player.

a burnt one
Wether you buy mini -dv or dvd it will come with the software to upload the recordings to a pc, the joy with a dvd one is you dont have to use it, just stick the disc in the dvd player or pc.

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm selling a Panasonic DV camcorder on eBay at the mo, someone asked me a question about it, was that you Hayley?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
We got bought a panasonic camera for Christmas, small enough and has a built in hdd so which is quite cool. Think it's about £200 though in somewhere like Argos atm.