ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera advice needed DLSR, Bridge or Compact

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I know it sounds as stupid question, because immediately everyone will say DSLR.

I am after a new camera, maintly for when the mrs and I go to Florida on our honeymoon in September. We have tickets for Sea World, the Disney parks and Universal Studios and want to make sure we come back with decent pictures.

I can imagine we will be asking people to take a few pics of the 2 of us once out there and this is one of the reasons along with the weight and size of the DSLR's that makes me think they may not be practical for this trip.

I have used my Dad's bridge camera for the Bmth airshow and found that a big bulky, so could imagine having the same issues.

Can anyone recommend a good compact camera? I have seen that several now come with HD movie recording. I think this would be cool for sea world etc. The most important thing though is that it takes decent pictures, is easy to use and easy to carry around all day.

DSLR's I'd looked at are the D40/60 & Sony a200. Not too sure with the bridge cameras and I have heard the Panasonic TZ compacts are not bad.

Many thanks!!