ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camera replacement help

Phase 1 Clio 172
i currently have a Nikon D50 and thinking its getting to the time i need to replace as the manaul features on it have started to play up in the way they dont keep the same setting between shots when i have set them

the problem is though im unsure on what to get next i want to stay Nikon as i have lenses but at first i thought about a D3000 but then found for 100 quid more i can get a D5000 body then people started mentioning D90's and also D300's the D300

so the problem is what camera Body should i get with a limit of -500 quid

i aint a pro photographer so is it worth spending the cash on the D300 and what difference is the comercial stuff compared to the professional stuff as when i compared my D50 to my mates D100 the only difference was the SD card slot and he has a green light on his digital LCD display as for pictures they came out almost the same in quality

any help would be appreciated :)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I have the D300 and my mate has the D90, the 2 main differences he always comments about mine is I have a 51 point AF system and also the clarity of my images are better than his.

Personally I have looked and getting a spare, and the D5000 looks good for the flip screen, ideal for high or very low/macro shots.

Phase 1 Clio 172
i think im edging that way as i can get a d5000 and a second hand lens for the the price of a d300 body

as i never will be a pro tog due to amount of time i spend with my camera and the fact i dont make money from my shots its probably best to stick to the comercial camera
if i do ever start making money from photography for some crazy reason then i would probably consider a pro camera i guess :)