ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Campus Sport juddering/light

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Hey guys, got my first clio today it is a 55 plate Renault Clio Sport 1.2 16V

I got it on finance it has got full service history the last service was 15/5/2010 and it had an oil change & filter change, spark plugs and air filter change

I did not notice this in my test drive but the light was deffo on it did not come to my attention

I think it is the Exhaust Emissions light on the bottom right hand side - it is constantly on, the car judders and has loss of power and struggles up hill (I live in a very hilly area so it will be a major problem for me)

When the car struggles going up hill it judders like crazy and then it flashes until stop then it comes on constant again.

Any help would be appreciated! I just paid £800 cash for the car as well as £3000 finance don't want to keep it if the repairs are going to cost too much, or should it be the garages responsibility to see to it as I was not informed of any engine problems prior and it is still within the 14 day cooling off period and the 1 month cancellation period

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
so, you payed for a car with a warning light on? sounds like a misfire, would need a clip test to see actual fault

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
so, you payed for a car with a warning light on? sounds like a misfire, would need a clip test to see actual fault

Yeah mate, did not notice it at first only done a quick drive was not really paying attention to the warning light thought it was normal obviously not. How much would getting it tested set me back or should the dealer sort it?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
the place where you got it from has to sort it, tell them you dont want it back until its fixed.

If you took it to renault, its about £70 for them to tell you what it needs

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Lambda sensor? (if that's what it's called). Sounds like what mine did when I had it.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Went down there today he said he will turn the light off because it probably was not turned off last time it was serviced, so he done that he said if it comes on again bring it back down but now it keeps flashing when there is a loss of power and the car starts to judders