ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshaft change

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Hi gents,
I'm currently in the process of fitting itbs and have also purchased 421 cams. I am pretty handy with scanners but no expert, would people tackle a cam change themselves? Bear in mind I have genuine renault timing tools and the de phaser was only changed last year and has done about 3k. I have a new cambelt only, got cam seals ready. Just need a crank locking pin and some stuff to reseal the cam cover?
I've convinced myself I'm going to go ahead and do it but just wanted people's opinions please.
I've got the bodies installed but am just waiting for my cable and software to be able to start it so I can balance itbs and get running smoothly before I tackle the cam change.
All thoughts opinions and comments welcome!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Providing you've got ALL the locking tools yeah why not, but I would still fit a full belt kit rather than just the cambelt. If your fitting bodies and 421's your clearly going to give it a bit of thrash so how annoyed will you feel if one of the rollers fails prematurely?