ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshaft Prices

Just looking at prices of camshafts for the 1*2 and there seems to be such a huge variation in price and they're all from blanks so no re grinds....why?

Lionel Richie
Erm tough one to call really

Raceland and Bilstein are essentially "the same thing" too

one has masses of R&D behind it, the other doesn't (slightly extreme example, but its to make a point)

look at Schrick cams for example, for the clio they're around £900 (which i believe is the most expensive cams you can get for the clio). Schrick the actuall company have a HUGE R&D department, they make cams for the F1 boys, most of the veyron engine etc etc

http://www.avl-schrick.com/?control_id=101

are you paing for the name? not really, you're paying for the quality of the products

is expensive the best? not always, but you pays your monies, you make your choice!

Renaultsport Clio 172
about £350 from memory

some have seen decent results from them, i'm not a huge fan, buts that's just me being me LOL

I feel the same about regrinding. I don´t think regrind is a wise thing to do, you pill out some of the surface hardness much needed for durability and reliability, with this in mind there isn´t much material left for reshaping properly. I.E. how will you give them more lifting or duration where it already has less material? I wouldn't bother TBH

Lionel Richie
cars making less than stock power (although i'm not 100% sure if that's cam related)

its all kicked off in V6 land anyway!

Lionel Richie
i believe you need to be a memeber, anyway its all specualtion at the moment as the "faults" haven't been 100% diagnosed, so i will shut my gob

i believe you need to be a memeber, anyway its all specualtion at the moment as the "faults" haven't been 100% diagnosed, so i will shut my gob

No worries.....as you say, worth a phone call to Newman, with your knowledge, what cam we looking at...421?

On another note, can you quote for a group buy on Whiteline ARB's please?

Lionel Richie
blonde girls, why? i just do

oops off topic

anyway

i like 428's (some don't as apparently they don't make the power, i disagree)
schricks

and some new shizzle i'm trying (i will let you know more when i have some results!)

blonde girls, why? i just do

oops off topic

anyway

i like 428's (some don't as apparently they don't make the power, i disagree)
schricks

and some new shizzle i'm trying (i will let you know more when i have some results!)

I'll just bugger off then and continue scratching my head about what tyres to get.

Carlos I thought you had a Cliocup?

Had a 182 cup then a cup race car, now a Ph1 with some KW V2's to go on shortly. Couldn't bear driving a tow car every day plus on a track day you want the odd tussle with other cars not just blasting off into the distance, you don't have anymore fun in a race car, you just have faster fun!

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ohhh :( I loved that car so much, couldnt take my eyes off it at Snet, just sounded epic and the box must of been fun to use?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
got any pics of it?

DSC00306Large.gif

DSC00339Large.gif

DSC00218Large.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Their a bit lumpy on idle but fantastic power. 175lb/ft of torque in conjunction with other mods inc headwork

Think il probably end up ditching the 428's and go back to them

Abit tappy as well iirc?

lift number 1 @ btm
cars making less than stock power (although i'm not 100% sure if that's cam related)

its all kicked off in V6 land anyway!

The main issue there is that the person who fitted them did so without any timing data. Newman will sell you the cams, but they aren't v6 specific.

The other question I suppose is how the power graphs were produced?

Otherwise, I've always heard good things about Newman.