ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camshafts help and opinons plz

Clio cup 172
Right i have a clio 172 cup and would like to spice it up but dont want to go over board and also two of my mates have just got ep3 civic type r's and i dont want them to think they can out muscle me lol you no how it is but i was thinking of the 421 cat cams matched inlets decat pipe and a recessed exhaust from ktec aswel and get it remapped

so i would just like to no what sort of thoughts you think and if anyone has the similar things done and if so whats the driveability like oh and i want the power to kick in abit earlier than what it does standard lol so comments plz

ino this has proberly been covered before but cant find owt cheers :approve:

focus st3
Depends on how much bhp you think youre going to get, for the money youre going to spend?.Has ktec given you a price for all that work?

Clio cup 172
I'm not that bothered bout the bhp but if the drivability and if it makes it more responsive I'd be happy and cause I'm
Going to do all the work myself as I'm a mechanic so that's going to save me a fortune

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
If you want the power to kick in a bit earlier, than cams is NOT waht you want, they generally all move the power up the rev range not down if you want power earlier, ITB turbo or SC

Clio cup 172
Typical lol I did look at all the options but IMO not worth the money to do that would all the other stuff work well with a remap it just bugs me how I have to boot it to get the most out of it lol

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Strip it shot some lightweight 15s on and you will take the ep3's anyway I'm tortured loads of civic's and my mates s2000 can only start to pull away after 120. Vtec is over rated tbh its like turbo lag but without the boost.

Clio cup 172
Right well I'll try and convince the misus to let me strip it ( the car I'm on bout lol) and what have you done to yours? Is it standard

Lionel Richie
I was on about you moaning about having to thrash the clio to go anywhere, the Honda is bloody worse!

Clio cup 172
Yh but they feel like there more responsive once the Clio gets kicking ino it's a quick car standard but it won't be long till they tune there I might just get a second car turbo lol

Clio cup 172
yes vtec lol you seem to be the lord of this site lol what sort of power would i see from the few mods iv said at the start of this thread?

Lionel Richie
LOL at LORD, far from it

cams, inlets, remap, decat etc

if done properly you see 190bhp and maybe 170lbs/ft at a push

Lionel Richie
RST in leeds or TDF in Huntingdon are the 2 i recommend

RE: the Lord Mayor thing, that is actually true, it says so on my car
253808_10150651900915422_505560421_18938630_6931927_n.jpg

:D

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Lol. Fred you at work tomorrow? If I ring you your not going to be in Dubai/France/germany? I always seem to ring you when your on holiday....