ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camshafts

Ph1
Cams and TB's will be about 210 - 230 maybe? for what, 3.5k all fitted and mapped area?
4k to supercharge and that gets you 250 brake with potential too boot.

Black 172 PH2
I think id have to drive a SC'd and TB'd Clio to see what i personally prefer.
Thanks for the advice :)

Andy (ktec) when you say about getting management first, do you mean getting a better ecu such as an Omex unit before any major mods?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Personally yes, you will get similar power gains with that as 428's and a remap.. plus it will drive better

Black 172 PH2
Ah i only thought aftermarket ECUs where useful on heavily modified engines, interesting stuff.
What sort of gain with 428's + omex would you get over 428's + standard ecu.

Black 172 PH2
Well my engine mods are going to be progressive over time due to money.
Rather than saving and getting everything done at once, it'll be step by step.
Think ill start off by getting myself some standalone management.

ITB'd MK1
Well my engine mods are going to be progressive over time due to money.
Rather than saving and getting everything done at once, it'll be step by step.
Think ill start off by getting myself some standalone management.

sensible. Pop over to JMS one day when i'm there and you can have a look at my mk1 RSI. Omex with full clubman loom fitted. Standalone is the only way to travel

Black 172 PH2
Sounds good danny, just let me know when your there via a PM. i pop on CS most days so will see the message.

Ph1
Im running 428's after coming from Piper's and imo their a disappointment although different sort of cam profile.

Also the type of managment depends on the cams your running. You dont need to run standalone on all cam only applications.

You can get the stock ecu mapped or the RS Tuner thing also.

Search it

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i am running pipers - Hillpower version on stock ecu 172bhp - 192bhp very impressed.

I am however doing a big rebuild aiming for 240bhp+ N/A build, having obtained everything i need at the right price.

i will have for sale in the next month a set of catcam 421's and a set of Piper Hillpowers from my two engines. I will be going for some more aggresive cams, probably 422 or 423 cat cams unless i find anything else suitable.

As has been said you dont need aftermarket for all cam applications...

a guy called barron is having 423s fitted to his NA build, he said build should be finished in Jan and that they should be mapped then so wait to see printouts etc

ITB'd MK1
As has been said you dont need aftermarket for all cam applications...

no good re-flash maps available for anything though. I've seen much better performance from cams and standalone. Every re-map on stock ECU has been disappointing. Got my own opinions on why that is. Never had access to stock ECU editing thogh for the clio though so not been able to prove it yet.

Lionel Richie
you've been using the wrong calibrator then danny! no issue at all with the stock ecu remapped using cams, only 9bhp off a throttle bodied car ;)

ITB'd MK1
well using the one you use was worst ;) made fair gains with other maps but still not full potential that i've seen (using standalone) and know can be done

ITB'd MK1
LOl, if you say so. I like a car to be able to pull away below 4k. Telling people throttle bodied cars are all flat and crap low down cos you dont know how to do it right is just s**t

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
9bhp is not the whole storey (I am talking generally here, no reference to anyone of anything specific)..

its the way they drive and getting as much power everywhere, at all throttle angles, all rpm ranges.

Andy

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Andy, Danny clearly has issues with me so it's time to get to the bottom of it.

Its always related to GDI and staff/customers so lets have it out. Who has said what and when, will be an interesting one this because so far nobody had actually said ANYTHING.

If i'm so bad at mapping why the hell am i still in business with thousands of happy customers, including stock ecu mapping AND aftermarket.