ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camshafts

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Get them mapped where you want, Ours will be getting redone at Rstuning once the new engine is in.

M

mini-valver

Serious question now....

Have some 421's and a couple of engines in bits, and some Jenvey's. Does anyone know the valve to piston clearance with the 421's on a stock engine? Going to run standard pistons but want to take a bit of the head, not masses, but a bit.

And, can I get some pulleys made up without a dephaser and run the engine from my standalone without VVT?

ITB'd MK1
Serious question now....

Have some 421's and a couple of engines in bits, and some Jenvey's. Does anyone know the valve to piston clearance with the 421's on a stock engine? Going to run standard pistons but want to take a bit of the head, not masses, but a bit.
due to manufacturing tollerence, the only way to know is to plasticine check really

And, can I get some pulleys made up without a dephaser and run the engine from my standalone without VVT?

you could (although non VVT inlet cam would be better) but TBH, you're better off keeping VVT and mapping in the right switch points. There's definite benefits to it

M

mini-valver

Kev, you have no faith.

Danny, I was hoping for a ballpark so I know if there's any material left to remove without being mega close.

VVT wise, Im just being tight about buying a new dephaser :eek:

M

mini-valver

Got 2 on these engines but if I stick with VVT, I want to put a new one on because once its in, I CBA to kee pulling it back out, lol.

ITB'd MK1
Kev, you have no faith.

Danny, I was hoping for a ballpark so I know if there's any material left to remove without being mega close.

VVT wise, Im just being tight about buying a new dephaser :eek:

probably gonna cost you more to engineer something. Remember the inlet cam has an oil feed bolt also. so without a VVT sprocket there's a fair few bits to work out. Get a VVT pulley IMO

M

mini-valver

Bull. s**t.

lol. If you're doing something, do it right ;)

Seriously though, I'll just fire a dephaser on. Kev, it'll be sweet as a nut, have faith!

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
no good re-flash maps available for anything though. I've seen much better performance from cams and standalone. Every re-map on stock ECU has been disappointing. Got my own opinions on why that is. Never had access to stock ECU editing thogh for the clio though so not been able to prove it yet.

just as well my was unique map rather than a reflash...as such.

I know a certain someone who can access the oem ecu easy as pie. And mine pulls hard through the range and NONE of the people in this discussion mapped it! Any guess' who did???

P.s Danny what have you been drinking today lol seem to be getting a lil roudy up in the cliosport.net haha?

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
I have thought about cams, but i'm just gona stick with the above set up. I did think that when i finish uni i would buy cams and spend more money on the engine but i've allready spent thousands on the car.

So from now on I'll be spending my money on using it on track and getting as many trackdays in as poss, as that is where i can use the car to its full potential.

:)

RS RIP
..it seems you got everyone to shut up now MiniWanker ? Were you drunk ?

Anyway ; because this thread was about camshafts , i really think the Colombo & Bariani cams are along the best and are very much worth thinking about. Henk (Fastchip) has stated that these were the best cams with which he got the best results

C&B only offer one cam profile for 1*2s though dont they? So although they may be good, they arent going to suit all applications.

Da

Less
Would Schrick (or C&B) be suitable for stock management/engine or would that ideally be left down to the 428's?

C&B 'Road Medium' profile & the Cats 428s both run on the standard management - which is best is yet to be determined. I'm not sure about shrick...

Da

Less
According to Yozza's website I think the Schrick can be used on standard management, somewhat more expensive than the 428's though.

Schrick can be used on standard managament, yes. I had them in mine. Adamio has too with good results I think.

I sold my set to Chris/480bhp. Hes got them up for sale at the moment for cheaper than CatCam/C&B/etc, bargin really.

Renaultsport 220T
Would Schrick (or C&B) be suitable for stock management/engine or would that ideally be left down to the 428's?

Yes, schrick are suitable for remapped stock ecu, and imo, are worth every penny.

C&B 'Road Medium' profile & the Cats 428s both run on the standard management - which is best is yet to be determined. I'm not sure about shrick...

Tom, you must have a very poor memory, you seemed really impressed with my car when I took you out for laps of Brands earlier this year. Maybe it was just my driving skills that you were impressed by? ;)

RS RIP
when checking profiles, comparing C&B to Schricks , the two profiles are very close to each other. So also Schrick must be fine on standard ECU because mine (being C&B) run really nicely, idle too.

It NEEDS mapping though. Mine could not idle with standard ecu, drove it up to Henk and he raised idle to 1100-

M

mini-valver

..it seems you got everyone to shut up now Miniw**ker ? Were you drunk ?

Anyway ; because this thread was about camshafts , i really think the Colombo & Bariani cams are along the best and are very much worth thinking about. Henk (Fastchip) has stated that these were the best cams with which he got the best results

Fu(k you. The thread could have been about yoghurts and you'd still talk about your f**king cams.

Surely in an open and unbiased forum someone mentioning C&B cams isn't a massive deal or does it go against the Cliosheep way?

;)

If it wasn't in every single thread, it isn't.

RS RIP
calm down kid, you'll be familiar soon enough.

Catcams are the ones ALWAYS mentioned, even in your "Yoghurt" threads. I think they will get some competition any day now in the UK. It's good for customers/buyers eventually as they have a choice(!) between products. Might even bring the prices down.

I'm sorry i hurt your feelings :(