ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t get a picture on screen

I bought a screen a little while ago and just come to put it al in, ive got a playstaion in and all of the wring is done for the screen.

However when i plug the screen in it just stays black.

There are four wires for the screen plus the video,

Black is negative,

Blue on goes to the handbrake, so thats also i negative right?,

The yellow on is marked batt, so take its thats the constant positive,

and the red one is marked acc, take it that the positive from a switch?

Does that wiring sound right? The power light on the screen is always green till i put a + to the red wire and the light turns amber but theres no picture on the screen at all.

What am i missing? Or does it just sound like the screens nackered?

the screen is a svensen model:SMU 7000,

Thanks for any help

Mark

Skoda Fabia vRS

the one for the handbrake should be an earth, so you got that part right

jus to reassure you

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

snds like the screen itself is bust.

wiring u have correctly put in (unless instructions dictate diff)

snds like its broken, try gettign it replaced, or search on google for any "quick" known problems with particular screen

just noticed it says 13.5v as the input voltage. Could it possible be that its just not getting enough volts? How would i get 13.5v?

Have to order another one on tuesday i think, its really annoying as the mount for it is already fiberglassed into the dash so i have to have the same screen agian.

Mark

one more thing before i order another screen, if there is no video input to the screen would it be blank or like a TV screen when its not tuned in (black and white squares)?

Just wanna know so i can isolate the problem to the screen and not the feed to it.

Thanks

Mark